What's new

Well it finally arrived... my new car :) (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
It's got a sunroof, but you don't have to get one (though they tie it into the permium package) I really wanted one, so it didn't bug me.

About the only option I didn't get was Bose stereo upgrade (which is IMO a waste of $700) since all you get is "better speakers" ie the head unit is the same.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'm honestly jealous. That or the wagon variant would be about my perfect car. Well, an Audi S6 would be my perfect car, but I am speaking of someday-realistic perfect car. :D

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
There are a lot of similarities with VW and Audi they are the same company after all. Congrats on the new ride, you made a great choice. I am love my A4 and I am planing on ditching the wifes Grand Cherokee limited and getting an A6 wagon for her. I will buy nothing but Audi, well unless I can ever afford a Porsche or some supercar. Next for me is a S4 next summer.... I hope!:frowning:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I have read that audi and VW are supposed to distance themselves over the next few years, the platforms are too similar in APPEARANCE right now, IMO.
I really do hate you :)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Brian, congratulations. I see you did go for the 17" wheels. Good choice. You can always drop down to 16" wheels for the snowies.

Patrick

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Nice. A dream car is the S4 Avant in Nogaro blue. IMHO, Audi makes some nice wagons (though I'm leaning toward a BMW wagon at the moment.)

VinT

Agent
Sweet ride dude! Audi makes beautiful cars. My only gripe is that the new A4 styling is way to similar to an A6. Its like a baby A6, I could hardly tell them apart on the roads.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Brian, congratulations. I see you did go for the 17" wheels. Good choice. You can always drop down to 16" wheels for the snowies.
Patrick that's the plan, either today or tomorrow I'll be putting 16" rims with Nokian WR 205/55/16s on em.

Thanks for all the great comments! Audi sure does make fine cars, as does VW. (I almost got a Passat)

Brian

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Sweet ride Brian! I regret that I will be leaving the Audi family as my lease is up on my 99 2.8 Quattro. But my WRX is 2 weeks away :D
I plan to return to the Audi family again in the future... I just couldn't pass up on the price/performance of the WRX. I will miss my leather, sunroof, auto-climate control, and the beautiful styling of the A4 though. Audi makes the best looking vehicles on the road, IMHO. I assume you know about Audiworld.com? Lots of great info there!
Good luck with the sweet car!
Mike D.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Aye Mike, I know all about AW :) I'm also a member of the Minnesota Audi Club. Between those two locals I can find out anything I want to know about careing for and (if I wanted to) moding an Audi to make it ever faster :)
The WRX is a nice car, but it does lack the luxury feel of an Audi :-/

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
6-speed? Yumm :emoji_thumbsup:
I still can't get used to the Confusotronic, it shifts at all the wrong points. What was Audi thinking, an A4 is a luxury sedan, and was made to shift like a race car, but at least it will sell with an auto ;)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
lol Mike, Confusotronic... well you could just manual shift it all the time ;-) I still find the reason of buying an auto so that the resale is higher to be a bit silly, I got a stick since I like driving a stick :)
And I don't think having a manual tranny in a sports sedan like an A4 will hurt it's resale one bit ;-)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks