What's new

Weird TMNT Display Problem (1 Viewer)

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
For those that have gotten TMNT for your 'Box, are you having display issues?

I have a Panny 47" Rear Projector HD set and it outputs very strangely compared to the rest of my Xbox titles.

I get these vertical banding artifacts which are pretty subtle but definitely there in both the cut scenes and gameplay.

Also, the entire picture is misaligned. I get a vertical black bar along my right edge (about an inch thick) and the left side looks as if the convergence is off.

One last thing, when I play with the Aspect Ratio settings, I can toggle through 4:3, Zoom, Just, and Full where the rest of my Xbox titles only allow 4:3, Zoom and Full. This is very odd. I only get the Just mode when Im watching cable. Not with the 'Box or DVDs.

Also, the only mode it looks OK in is 4:3.

I don't think it's a defective disc. It doesn't have a scratch and discs aren't ever really defective are they?

Any suggestions?

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
One last thing, when I play with the Aspect Ratio settings, I can toggle through 4:3, Zoom, Just, and Full where the rest of my Xbox titles only allow 4:3, Zoom and Full. This is very odd. I only get the Just mode when Im watching cable. Not with the 'Box or DVDs.
When the Panny is displaying a progressive scan image, JUST is locked out. Only 4:3, ZOOM and FULL are available. Although I do not have TMNT, I believe it is not progressive-scan capable, thus, you can still switch to JUST mode.

Sorry I do not have an answer for your other problem. I'll have to try TMNT on my Panny and see what it looks like.

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, apparently TMNT is 480i only. That makes perfect sense with regards to JUST mode. Thanks for that.

That also explains why the only mode it looks right on is 4:3. Though with cable's 480i, it works fine in all the other stretch modes, too. Maybe its running 480i on component inputs. Hmm...

If you could try TMNT on your machine and let me know that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks