What's new

Weird low bitrate/video problem... (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
I wasn't sure where to put this thread so I hope no one gets mad.... :)
Okay, I have only noticed this problem on DVD's with low bitrates, i.e. TV programs put onto DVD (namely Sex and the City and Felicity)....oh yeah, the problem is, when the camera changes angles there seems to be fat horizontal lines that appear for a split second, very quick, but very annoying. I don't know if its because its non-progressive material or what (I DO have a progresive-scan pioneer elite 45-a, so I'm pretty sure its not a dvd player issue)
i have a panny 53" RPTV also, just for the record.
so anyways, i have no idea why it does this....never happens on the "high-quality" transfer such as LOTR etc.....
any ideas?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Sorry, I've never seen anything like what you're describing. I'm assuming that the lack of response indicates that other people haven't either.

One suggestion: Try switching to interlaced mode (or, alternatively, using an S-video connection), and see whether you still get the horizontal lines.

M.

Brent_H

Second Unit
thanks......i might try that. it seems it is only on non-progressive sourced stuff (i hope i didnt just make that up) My DVD player has a "flag" that says when its playing a progressive disc, and it isnt when i have the problems it seems......

its worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks