What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-13-2011 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In honor of today's release of the high-def version of Star Wars...

It was seven years ago this week that the last DVD version of the OT was released. From the 9-21-04 Weekly RoundUp:

And check it out...the laptops and desktops are rockin' with 256MB of RAM! Woohoo!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have been trying to see if Costco has the Star Wars set. I found one item on another site that said Costco has the Complete Saga for $88.99. Plus another post there that said Costco will have an instant coupon to bring it down to $79.79. Just thought I'd mention it, not much mention here of Costco.:) I'll see if its there after work.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I was just in Costco, where I saw one display for the complete saga only, in a different part of the store from the pitifully few DVDs and BLUs they now carry. Posted price was $89 or $90 with no mention of a coupon -- but since I'm not in the market for this release at all, I could have missed seeing that. It would be pretty sad if they weren't at least meeting Amazon's price for the first few days or whatever.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Picked up the 9-disc Star Wars Saga at Best Buy for $79.99, matching both Target and Amazon.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars The Complete Saga was at my Costco and priced at $89.99 and you get an instant $10 off. So they matched everyone else's $79.99 price. :)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Didn't need my nephew to pick up SW at Target. When BB pricematched them I preordered it with the free t shirt online w/ instore pickup (t shirt being mailed). When I got back from Tampa I got it & got them to give me the senitype too (since I preordered it Wednesday). Got 2 promos with 1 purchase (they couldn't figure out how to do it so the just stuck it in the bag & said to enjoy it). Oh, and so many thanks for the prayers & well wishes. Catscan showed a little more tumor shrinkage & absolutely no growth back at all. He said some had shrunk as much as they possibly could. The alimta seems to be doing its maintenance & small shrinking function. All in all a wonderful day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

Did anyone get the Citizen Kane / Magnificent Ambersons set for 49.99 at Amazon? I noticed the price went up to 54.99

Dennis: People are talking some about the Ambersons disc[url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314260/a-few-words-about-citizen-kane-in-blu-ray/120] in this thread.

And DVD Beaver has posted these caps.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Mike Frezon said:
For those who are somehow unaware, I have posted Matt's review of the Complete Star Wars saga on blu in the OP.
Great. I'll have to read it. I've watched IV & V & love 'em. Just getting ready to watch VI.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Does anyone know if the exclusive digibook Citizen Kane blu-ray at Best Buy contains the Ambersons disc? I highly doubt it but if it did that would be the way to go.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Ambersons disc is quite a draw. And releasing it as an exclusive...with another major title (of a different format) is really odd and rather frustrating.

I'm hoping that it is released on it's own really soon.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Aaron Silverman said:
So what size were the BB t-shirts? They were unable to tell me, so I just went with my Amazon order.
Packages I saw in the store near me yesterday were marked Large.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks