What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-12-2006 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just the "Office" set from BB for me. I won't go near those recycled non-anamorphic SW transfers with a ten-foot pole.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Laurel and Hardy Vol 2 and Diagnosis Murder are must buys. The Cavett show will get consideration. Nothing else of interest.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Sad -- no good sales at the brick & mortar stores on Moonlighting IV and Roseanne V... Sigh. Guess it's Amazon for this week! Will get the Office Season II at Circuit City -- great show.

The lack of advertising (and sale prices) on older series season sets is a disturbing trend. I'm still waiting for announcements regarding Frasier Season IX and Cheers IX...but not holding my breath since there was so little suport from Paramount for Season VIII.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In case anyone's interested, Target has the majority of their Food Network three disc sets on sale for $9.99 through the beginning of October.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Leafing though my new CC sales ad, think that the adverts for the "new" Star Wars releases are somewhat dishonest.

Next to the product shots, it proclaims in ALL CAPS about the original versions.

Combined with the vintage package artwork, you'd think the entire point of this release is the original versions.

Since Lucas wanted to release these discs with aborted retro PQ, they should have discouraged retailers from BOLDY touting what is essential a shoddy extra.

Has a shoddy extra become the product?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau

That's what they have to do to get the general "non-internet" public to bite... and the worst part, is that it will work.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
So conflicted, am I, with these SW releases. Buy them, I will not.

Office S2 now, and Moonlighting on DDD's next sale.

I think Grease is this week, everything from Paramount's retailier site shows it this week. Not that I get review copies from them anymore! :frowning:

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Hmm, I was really hoping BB would have a deal if you buy the Star Wars trilogy + Lego Star Wars II. Oh well, I guess I can wait on the game until I actually have time to play it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think this is the Week I finally pick up Firefly $18.99 at Target. I download the Pilot "Serenity" and enjoyed it, Can't believe Fox showed this ep 11th, only other eps I've seen was the 1st Aired Fox ep and Serenity the Movie.

As for Everything else I Want the 2nd Season of "The Batman" but that will probably Wait. This will be the 1st Season of Smallvile I don't buy I'm gonna wait for the HD-DVD even thou I don't own a player Yet, same think with BattleStar Galactica Next Week. Mr. Lucas I cannot in good conscience buy Star Wars Again, it's curious too that these release Tuesday but I see no reviews on the Web, trying to hide the Subpar originals maybe?

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Does anyone have any connections with Best Buy that confirm or deny that Voltron Season 1 will actually be available tomorrow? The release date is 9/26, so I'm trying to figure out if it was a typo in their ad.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Looking over the early ads for next week posted on another site, Target and CC are both advertising Grease (BB hasn't been posted yet). So I guess we'll see it on shelves next week. Incidentally, Target must have an exclusive as their copy is wrapped in a Pink Ladies jacket instead of the T-Bird version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

No connections with me, Patrick! :laugh: Quite the opposite, actually!

But, It appears as if Best Buy is, indeed, advertising a 9-12 release of Voltron: Volume 1. Everyone else has the 9-26 release date. Don't know any more than that..except to confirm that what you are seeing appears to be true.

EDIT: And I don't know if you've seen it...but if you check out Voltron at bestbuy.com there's word of an anime sampler DVD if you order on-line.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
The Wild for the kiddos and Backdraft SE (if I can find it) and The West Wing S6 at Target for me this week.

Thanks Mike and Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks