What's new
World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 8-9-2011 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
i'm probably gonna pick up Super as a blind buy and BB's bonus disc looks like it could be worthwhile, but is it worth $6.50 more than Amazon's price?
Mike Frezon said:
Where've you been?!?
I've been around, just not around here. :) I'll reply to your PM and get into it.

728x90

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best Buy currently has seasons 1-14 of South Park on sale for $12.99, about 50% off. Shelf tags say this sale runs through 8/20. I also picked up Blu-ray's of Glory and Dark City for $9.99 each. The BR of The Adjustment Bureau is on sale for $17.99 this week. I would have jumped on it if I hadn't just Redbox-ed it a couple weeks ago for lack of a decent price on the title. Now I can wait for awhile to see if it drops more, but it's definitely one that will be in my collection eventually.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by TravisR

Thanks Mike!

Anyone recommend Your Highness for a blind bye or at least a rental? The trailer looked fun enough but I know the reviews were pretty bad.

It's OK and I would definitely recommend renting it before blind buying it. If you're a fan of Eastbound & Down, it's fun to see Danny McBride doing Kenny Powers in medieval times but there's not much more than that.[/QUOTE]

I was assuming it would be more like Men In Tights style comedy and it was more of a 80s style action adventure film with only a couple of penis jokes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
I might pick up Glory for $9.99 if I find myself at BB this week.

I think this is the fourth time I've purchased this film (VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, now Blu-Ray). One of the few films worthy of the quad-dip. :tu:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Fast Times and Dazed and Confused for under $30 after taxes at Best Buy ($14.99 each minus a $5 discount for buying both). Too good to pass up. Thanks again for the work you do Mike!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm sort of half-tempted to go for Fox & the Hound and Mars Needs Moms for a total of $32 after all those coupons at Target. Any comments on whether Mars is worth getting?

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Waiting for the Criterion Blu-Ray release of Dazed & Confused. Got Paul & Fast Times Blu's coming from Amazon, $24.98 shipped.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Carlo Medina said:
Fast Times and Dazed and Confused for under $30 after taxes at Best Buy ($14.99 each minus a $5 discount for buying both). Too good to pass up. Thanks again for the work you do Mike!
Amazon has both for $21.48 shipped.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
On BB.com the non-3D BD version of Mars Needs Moms is $22.99, Fox and the Hound $22.99. Minus the two Disney coupons ($10 total) brings them down to $36 and change. The 3D version of MNM is $29.99 if you're so inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks