Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
600x342px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

The Features

03495b2a_1995Pocahontas.jpeg

– Pocahontas – 1995

606617a2_2012-dictator-sacha-baron-cohen.jpeg

– Sacha Baron Cohen (The Dictator – 2012)

96aa99ca_1952MySonJohnposter.jpeg

–My Son John – 1952

f4dccf66_2012Chimpanzee.jpeg

–Chimpanzee – 2012

6b5f1f54_1940SantaFeTrailPoster.jpeg

–Santa Fe Trail – 1940

08212fea_2011ASeparationLeilaHtami.jpeg

–Leila Hatami (A Separation – 2011)

dc66fa98_1970aristocats.jpeg

–The Aristocats – 1970
The Prices

The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

SD-DVD TITLE

Amazon

BestBuy

Target

The Adventures of Tintin; Season 3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=hometheaterforum-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FAdventures-Tintin-Season-Three%2Fdp%2FB0080730MK%2Fref%3Dsr_1_20%3Fs%3Dmovies-tv%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1345339957%26sr%3D1-20
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.
Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

BLU-RAY TITLE

Amazon

BestBuy

Target

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/products/the-aristocats-two-disc-blu-ray-dvd-special-edition-in-blu-ray-packaging/reviews#3312

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE "bearded" packaging with some its copies of the Blu-ray combo pack of The Dictator ($22.99).
--Save $10 @ Best Buy when you buy any TWO of the following new Disney blu releases this week ($22.99 apiece): The Aristocats, The Tigger Movie, The Rescuers (2 Movie Collection), Pocahontas (2 Movie Collection), Lady & the Tramp 2, Chimpanzee.

--Best Buy is advertising a Sony "Buy 2 Get 1 FREE" sale this week on select Sony titles $9.99 and up. The flyer shows the following Blu-ray titles for $14.99 (Pricing varies by store. Free item must be equal or less value. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive savings.):

Midnight in Paris, Friends With Benefits, Columbiana, Moneyball, The Ides of March, Zombieland, The Social Network, Battle: Los Angeles, The Run Diary, Men in Black, Men in Black II. More at bestbuy.com/savestation.

--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles. Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online offer may vary.
--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:
$15.99: The Closer: Seasons 1 - 6 (apiece)
$16.99: NCIS: Seasons 1 - 8 (apiece), NCIS - Los Angeles: Seasons 1 - 2 (apiece). Mike & Molly: Season 1
$17.99: House, MD: Seasons 1-6 (apiece)

$22.99: Mike & Molly: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99: Dexter: Season 6

$39.99: Dexter: Season 6 (Blu-ray)

--BB has The Hunger Games for $16.99 on DVD/$19.99 on Blu this week and Seeking Justice for $14.99 on DVD and $17.99 on Blu.
--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $4.99 apiece.
--At Target, this week, an EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC with its copies of Revenge: Season 1. Featuring more than 30 minutes of cast Q&A at the William S. Paley Television Festival. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.

--At Target, you can save $5, instantly, when you buy The Hunger Games movie and ANY Hunger Games Trilogy book (The Hunger Games paperback is on sale for $7.19). The Hunger Games on DVD $16.99/Blu-ray $19.99/3-disc Deluxe Edition Target EXCLUSIVE DVD $22.99/3-disc Deluxe Edition Target Blu-ray $24.99. The Deluxe Editions include 45 minutes of Tributes' Video Diaries.

--target has the following TV on DVD on sale this week:

$16.99: Big Bang Theory: Season 4

$17.99: Mike & Molly: Season 1, The Closer: S6

$19.99: NCIS: S8, Scandal: S1, One Tree Hill: S9.

$24.99: Weeds: Season 7

$32.99: Breaking bad: Season 4

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $7 apiece.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
For those of us who got in on the $8 off each title promotion on Amazon for the Disney animation this week, the math works out to be cheaper with the $8 and Amazon's price match than anywhere locally. I'm also expecting Lady and the Tramp II to drop to $22.99 fairly soon.

For BB:

LatT II

$22.99

-$10.00

$35.98

Poc/Poc II

$22.99

Aristocats

$22.99

-$10.00

$35.98

R/RDU

$22.99

$71.96

For Amazon:

LatT II

$23.86

-$8.00

$15.86

Poc/Poc II

$22.99

-$8.00

$14.99

Aristocats

$22.99

-$8.00

$14.99

R/RDU

$22.99

-$8.00

$14.99

$60.83

My pre-order is standing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason_V /t/323108/weekly-roundup-8-21-2012#post_3964060
For those of us who got in on the $8 off each title promotion on Amazon for the Disney animation this week, the math works out to be cheaper with the $8 and Amazon's price match than anywhere locally. I'm also expecting Lady and the Tramp II to drop to $22.99 fairly soon.

I guess I've got to get out more. Jason: That deal @ amazon is long over (from the sound of your post)?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I might cancel my Disneys from Amazon in protest to the deplorable treatment Mike received this past week
And buy them from BB.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well, also because they seem to be cheaper there.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, it was around a few months ago. $8 digital coupons. They applied to everything Disney was announcing at the time: these movies, Finding Nemo, Cinderella I-III. As long as the price was over $19.99 (IIRC), the coupon was available.

The $10 off two isn't a bad deal. But I like the $8 off each plus the price match to the local stores better.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok I'll keep the amazon order inspire of the despicable treatment of Mike.
I just looked at the orders and up until tonight the extra discount hadn't shown up yet.
$15 for each ofthe three Dusneys.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray.  OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles.  Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card.  Excludes children's TV titles.  Online offer may vary.
I don't know if this will continue this week, but the TV gift cards have been liberally given out this week to just about anyone purchasing Blurays (maybe DVD as well). Any $50 purchase was
given a $10 card and $100 purchase a $25 card. The store pickup $10 GC for $50 Media purchase was still going on, but I found the instore GC easier to navigate since the card activated
immediately. I never could get them to use it on the same purchase, but I rolled the Free GC over to the next purchase and another GC popped up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I just looked at all my invoices for the Disney's:

What did not have an $8 coupon when I preordered---Brave, Cinderella II/III, Home on the Range, Pete's Dragon, Treasure Planet, Cinderella, Great Mouse Detective
What did have an $8 coupon--Finding Nemo, Lady and the Tramp II, Pocahontas I/II, Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under, Aristocats

Some have had their prices brought down since my order and I know they're going to come down more before release date.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David Norman said:
I don't know if this will continue this week, but the TV gift cards have been liberally given out this week to just about anyone purchasing Blurays (maybe DVD as well). Any $50 purchase was
given a $10 card
Yep, I got the $10 card for my combined purchase of Jaws and Dexter S6, so it definitely does not seem restricted to TV titles.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Disney animation is going to put a large dent in my wallet this week. Thanks for the update Mike, now I'm off to watch the Hunger Games which Amazon somehow managed to deliver today....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/323108/weekly-roundup-8-21-2012#post_3964085
...now I'm off to watch the Hunger Games which Amazon somehow managed to deliver today....

Ya wiseguy...

I'll be right over!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
:laugh:
I have no interest in buying hunger games but wanted to see it so since I'm usually up late anyway I
Kept my Redbox app open and refreshed it until the movie showed and reserved it for pick up early this morning.
Sounds like a remake of Battle Royale

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Gregorich said:
Disney animation is going to put a large dent in my wallet this week.  Thanks for the update Mike, now I'm off to watch the Hunger Games which Amazon somehow managed to deliver today....
You must be mistaken Adam. Amazon can't deliver on Saturday.
:)

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Wait, there are multiple Disney animation releases this week? Dang, wish I had been paying attention and noticed them all back when Amazon had the $8 coupons - I only had The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under on pre-order (which shipped today). I guess the $10 off 2 deals is almost as good.
Mallrats is one of the few remaining HD-DVDs in my collection. If it was cheaper, I might pick it up. (Strangely, it's only about $20 shipped if I order it straight from Amazon.co.uk...perhaps I'll just go that route and pick up the second season of Sherlock like I've been meaning to while I'm at it...)
Thanks, as always, for the Round-Up Mike!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike, no picture for my boss' best film WarGames? ;)
Just that and completing my Animated Tintin collection this week.
Also remember, it wasn't Amazon that doesn't deliver on Saturday it's "UPS & USPS" :rolleyes:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by John Burton /t/323108/weekly-roundup-8-21-2012#post_3964080
Be sure you get "The Aristocats" and not "The Aristocrats"... two very different movies!
John Burton

That would be a most unwelcome surprise when you popped the movie in...especially if there are kids around!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Jason_V said:
That would be a most unwelcome surprise when you popped the movie in...especially if there are kids around!
Go online and search Kevin Pollack doing The Aristocrats as Albert Brooks. Truly amazing.
And NSFW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks