What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/8 - take two (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]I posted this originally almost 6 hours ago. Where did it go? Well, here it is again! :D[/rant]

They say it's the quiet ones that you have to watch out for.

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
Basic_____________________$20.96__$16.99__$15.99__$15.99__$17.99__$_N/A_
The Boy Who Could Fly_____$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Curly Sue_________________$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Don't Raise The Bridge..._$18.71__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Fear of a Black Hat_______$18.71__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Gin Game______________$18.74__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Keep The Faith, Baby______$22.49__$22.99__$24.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
La Femme Nikita - Ssn. 1__$74.99__$69.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$69.99__$_N/A_
Little Giants_____________$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Little House/Prairie - S1_$37.49__$39.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$34.83
Little House/Prairie - S2_$37.49__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$34.83
LH/Prairie - The Pilot____$11.24__$14.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
LH/Prairie - Journey/Sprg_$11.24__$14.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
LH/Prairie - Waving/Away__$11.24__$14.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Loose Cannons_____________$18.71__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Manhunter - Divamax Ed.___$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Mouse That Roared_____$18.71__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Phone Booth_______________$20.99__$15.99__$15.99__$15.99__$17.99__$19.26
Spencer's Mountain________$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Story of Seabiscuit___$14.99__$_N/A___$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Theodore Rex______________$11.24__$ 9.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* Want Little House on the Prairie Seasons 1 and 2? Get both at Best Buy on the same transaction and save $20 instantly. That's like $29.99 each, or a savings of 25%!

* Hey, if you're a fan of Little House, then you probably appreciate The Waltons as well, right? Well, The Waltons TV series was based on a book by Earl Hamner Jr., and it wasn't the first item filmed to be based on that book. Be sure to catch Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara in Spencer's Mountain, out on DVD this week for the first time.

* Everything I wanted to list this week is OAR (Original Aspect Ratio)! That's makes me feel good all over!

* Slooooooow week, deal-wise. So I'll go ahead and list the Best Buy "3-for-$30" deals this week:
Twister, Tommy Boy, Taxi Driver, The Fugitive, The Aristocats, Father of the Bride, Father of the Bride Part II, The Perfect Storm, Ocean's Eleven, The Thomas Crown Affair, Disney's Hercules, Grease, Enough, The Princess Bride - Special Edition, The Silence of the Lambs - Special Edition, The Rookie.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Nothing new this week for me, but I will pick up the first season of Angel, as I finally in the mood to watch it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My apologies, I tried to removed Robert's post that showed up before David's initial post (must be some time-travelling hiccup), and somehow the whole thread got corrupted and disappeared.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Money is getting tight for me, so i'll probably rent both Basic and Phone Booth, and then buy them used down the road if I like them.

Thanks for the roundup Dave.

Dean

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Only Phone Booth for me this week. Even if I'd love to pick up Fear of a Black Hat, The Boy Who Could Fly and Little Giants, but I have no money. :frowning:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I saw La Femme Nikita Season 1 at BJs for $68. I never saw the show on TV, but it is co-created by Joel Surnow, a co-creator of 24, and it does have a large following.

Neil

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Dave. The Best Buy and Circuit City ads I got on Friday did not list a price for Phone Booth, but I guess it doesn't matter.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Might want to check Wal-mart they have Twister, Fugitive SE and Perfect Storm all for $8.88 each
Thats cheaper than Best Buy

Good work Dave

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City DVD sale items:

The Transporter: Special Edition: $15.99
The Animatrix: $17.99
Dark Blue: Special Edition: $17.99

$8.99 each
Grosse Point Blanke
Stephen King's It
The Lost Boys
The Waterboy
Two Can Play That Game
Destiny's Child: World Tour

-----------

Target DVD sale items:

Old School: Low Price - probably $17.99
Just Married: Low Price - probably $17.99

$12.99 each
Legally Blonde
Windtalkers
Unfaithful
The Sound of Music
Fiddler on the Roof
The Princess Bride
Office Space

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Unless I break down and grab "The Mouse that Roared", I think I'll be saving my pennies for the four new Billy Wilder titles from MGM next week. Thanks, David.

Regards,

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The only one that's interesting to me is The Mouse that Roared, but it's too pricey....guess I'll wait for a price drop.:frowning:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
No new releases for me this week but I think I will have to pick up 3 of the BB 3 for $30 deal. The wife would love FoTB 1 & 2 (good to give as gifts later this year) and I have yet to get TPB:SE so now seems to be the time.

Thanks again David!

Greg

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Great Greg's think alike, I was also eyeing up the same 3 for $30 Best Buy movies. And just like you, I'd be keeping Princess Bride for myself.

But I'm torn between Phone Booth at the moment, hopefully I'll make up my mind before I get to the store. I hate contemplating things in an aisle. I'm sure I look like a moron walking back and forth, putting a movie back then picking it up again a moment later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks