What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 7-11-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– The Fate of the Furious – 2017

full

– The Fifth Element – 1997

Weekly RoundUp 7-11-2017

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hello RoundUppers!

Things are starting to pick up as we head into summer. More new releases, more prices, more fun!

I had a 4k UHD release of Leon the Professional show up on some of my "new release" lists for this week...but couldn't find it on sale anywhere. So I don't know what's up with that.

And, no new releases for me this week. Safe shopping everyone...and thanks for all the "likes" in recent weeks for the RoundUp. I always see 'em and appreciate 'em.

Happy 7-11!
jZJ4b_s-200x150.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike! Strangely, this RoundUp appeared on my Facebook feed yesterday, but the associated forum thread didn't manifest itself until today.

Just "The Magicians" Season 2 on Blu-Ray for me. It'd probably be cheaper in a few months, but I like to do what I can to support TV on Blu-Ray. Unless the price drops further at one of the big box stores, I'll probably pick it up at Barnes & Noble and use a 20 percent off coupon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike! Strangely, this RoundUp appeared on my Facebook feed yesterday, but the associated forum thread didn't manifest itself until today.

I had a leeeeetle problem and pushed the wrong button yesterday (before I had complete information). :unsure: I thought I had it pretty well "hidden."

Leon the Professional 4K/UHD Release is a Best Buy Exclusive. My copy has shipped to me.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/leon-th...oc=11&CampaignID=843123&SubscriberID=10860133

Many thanks, Robert! Weird that it didn't make their Sunday flyer. Another case of "let's pay for an EXCLUSIVE...but then keep it a secret", I guess. :rolleyes:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ordered Leon through that link thanks. True story: I bought the first The Professional disk (DVD?) and have never seen the Leon cut. Am excited!!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Peter Jackson's excellent King Kong 4K disc for me. Second best Kong film ever made. Almost as good as the '33 original.

Also Leon, Fifth Ekement and FF8 UHD's.

Big week.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ordered Leon through that link thanks. True story: I bought the first The Professional disk (DVD?) and have never seen the Leon cut. Am excited!!

If you liked "The Professional", you'll love the "Leon" version. This is such a good film. Great performances from Jean Reno, Gary Oldman and a very young Natalie Portman.

I will eventually pick up the UHD versions of The Fifth Element and Leon, once they drop in price. I've owned enough versions of these (and currently own the latest BD version of each), so I can wait for a price drop.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Usually Universal is very good with getting review materials out with time to spare but not with The Fate of the Furious. I believe the FedEx lady tried to deliver it on Friday morning, but I was at the supermarket and wasn't present to sign for it, so it won't arrive until Monday. I sometimes get two weeks advance time on Universal releases but not with this title.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I have “Fate of the Furious” on preorder. I thought it was one of the best entries in the franchise. And it should provide demo-worthy audio and video.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing media wise for a few weeks, if I remember correctly. I'm spending enough money on a half business/half pleasure trip in Anaheim right now.

Thanks Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have “Fate of the Furious” on preorder. I thought it was one of the best entries in the franchise. And it should provide demo-worthy audio and video.

THAT'S a good point, Joseph! I might head to Target and pick up F&F7 for $7.99 and TFotF for $19.99 and use my Target RedCard for a 5% discount. I don't think I need it in 4k.

Amazon has dropped the pricing of The Fifth Element 4K/UHD release to $19.96!

Excellent news, Robert! Thanks! I'm changing the price in the grid...now!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
THAT'S a good point, Joseph! I might head to Target and pick up F&F7 for $7.99 and TFotF for $19.99 and use my Target RedCard for a 5% discount. I don't think I need it in 4k.

Excellent news, Robert! Thanks! I'm changing the price in the grid...now!
Need it in 4K? Probably not. For $5 more you should want it in 4K. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks