What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Need it in 4K? Probably not. For $5 more you should want it in 4K. ;)

Thankfully I realized that I had already purchased F&F7 (thank you DVD Profiler!). I was thrown off until I realized it was alphabetically disconnected from the first six film (filed under F-U rather than F-A). And I got the first six films in one of the collection sets that seem to be issued every time a new film is released.

So now that I only need to pick up TFofF, I might actually pick up the 4k from Amazon...or wait for it to go on some kind of great sale.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you guys keep all those films (Fast and Furious) lumped together in your collections--even thought they might not alphabetically line up correctly?

I have the same issue with the Die Hard movies. Everything was going along fine until they rebooted the franchise with Live Free or Die Hard and A Good Day to Die Hard.

I keep my Bond movies all together, too, under B-O-N-D (and then chronologically). .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In my collection, franchise sets/series go together, regardless of the actual titles.

Similar thing happened with Child's Play. First sequels were CP2, then CP3, then suddenly they started having The ______ of Chucky as titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do you guys keep all those films (Fast and Furious) lumped together in your collections--even thought they might not alphabetically line up correctly?

I have the same issue with the Die Hard movies. Everything was going along fine until they rebooted the franchise with Live Free or Die Hard and A Good Day to Die Hard.

I keep my Bond movies all together, too, under B-O-N-D (and then chronologically). .
Yes, I keep all of those Fast and Furious films together which saves time for me finding each title when I"m in the mood to watch one.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

In general, I try to keep the franchises (eg the Stars ...Wars and Trek) together and then typically the "classic" films by director or Star .... at one time my Robert Wise collection was um interrupted by all the Star Trek films as he directed the first movie ... but all of the Trek stuff is separate now . I plan to get the blurays for George Lucas with THX1138 & American Graffiti then ALL of Star Wars (TM) then.

Fast & Furious & Bond James Bond I file sequential ...I guess now by release date (the way "Hef" used to file all his films :cool:)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Usually Universal is very good with getting review materials out with time to spare but not with The Fate of the Furious. I believe the FedEx lady tried to deliver it on Friday morning, but I was at the supermarket and wasn't present to sign for it, so it won't arrive until Monday. I sometimes get two weeks advance time on Universal releases but not with this title.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

And a link to Matt's review of The Fate of the Furious has been added to the RoundUp grid.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yep, franchises all go together with the exception of things like the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies where they are all on their own. And of course James Bond movies all get filed under 0-0-7.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not a F&F fan, but I try to keep my franchises together in sequential order (i.e., Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets goes after Sorcerer's Stone, even though Chamber alphabetize first), and since Fantastic Beasts is HP-adjacent, that film is next to Deathly Hallows Part 2 with the Hs, rather than off with the Fs. My Bonds are in sequence under B.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Also, Amazon f'ed up my 5th element, currently due the 20rh. Clown shoes all around

Are you a Prime member? If so, I would recommend initiating a chat with customer service regarding the delay. If you're nice about it, you shouldn't have to work too hard to get them to extend your Prime membership by a month by way of apology for the inconvenience. This has worked for me a few times.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm dealing with an Amazon delay, too. "Guaranteed delivery" was July 14 (yesterday), but according to the tracking info USPS has not even received the package yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had my own Amazon screw up this past week.

The complete Batman TV series was a decent price a week or so ago.

It was supposed to arrive Saturday, July 8th. It didn't. They said the 9th. Didn't. They said the 10th. Didn't. They said the 12th. Didn't.

The rep then told me his tracking info confirmed that it had been lost in transit. Would a refund work for me? Sure.

It arrived two days later.

It started out as a USPS package. It arrived as a UPS package.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is the 4th Amazon package that s been late to me in the past month or so.

One was a new release that shipped late. :wacko:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The rep then told me his tracking info confirmed that it had been lost in transit. Would a refund work for me? Sure. It arrived two days later.

So did you get the refund processed before the package arrived? If so, sounds like you got it for free.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It sure does sound that way! :D

Yeah. The refund was processed days before it arrived. I don't know if it WAS lost and then reappeared. Or what exactly happened.

But instead of the two day delivery one expects as a Prime member, the package was more than a week late.

I don't know if I've fallen into some hole in Amazon's delivery system...or what! :wacko:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My 'Kong: Skull Island' delivery today says 'Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility'. Amazons own carrier service. CLOWN SHOES!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks