What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-1-2008 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Therein lies my conundrum, Mike. I've justified a purchase and non-purchase countless times to myself....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
apparently at BB the first season tin of 24 has a instant coupon on it taking $15 off season 2-6, thats $15 off each season of 2-6.
bringing each set to $1.99

mmv

Brad M

Second Unit

Same here! I was looking forward to this BD but will just wait for it to hit the bargain bin this Christmas!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I discovered something interesting today. Circuit City has a decent price on the Blu-ray of In the Line of Fire, but they're not shipping stock to many of their stores, including all the stores in Manhattan.

I wonder if this is a sign of their future attitude toward catalogue titles. If so, they're about to lose a lot business to Amazon, which has faster and more reliable shipping.

M.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Michael, the other option is that CC is a really crappy company losing hundreds of millions of dollars per quarter. They clearly disdain customers, so the attitude of "we get it in when we get it in" really isn't surprising. IMHO, of course.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Mike Frezon said:
Will: I was completely flummoxed by the two WTR releases. Are you asking me? Or, do you know that to be true? If you could straighten things out I'd appreciate it.

It's Walker Texas Ranger Seasons 1-5 and The Final Season. You can pull it up on Amazon. It'll be awhile till we get Walker Season 6. Probably a little over a month after we get JAG Season 7 later this year, if Paramount's release schedule stays the same as it has in the past for these two shows.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
A distinct possibility. But it wasn't "we get it in when we get it in". It was clearly stated: "We are not carrying it at this store." Then they voluntarily checked the other Manhattan stores for me and determined that those stores aren't carrying it either.

I thought it was interesting, because this is the first time I've seen them take this position with something that takes up so little shelf space as a DVD or Blu-ray. They don't keep a deep inventory, but they've always kept up with new releases, especially in their flagship store downtown, which has substantial square footage. It almost looks like they're starting to retrench, even though they just opened a new store on Fifth Avenue, right next to Best Buy (a bad move, BTW, because the side-by-side comparison makes them look even worse).

M.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

True enough. It just doesn't sound like anyone in the store thought much of not carrying a brand new BD release from a major studio with a major star in it. At least they took the time to check for you, though.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have to say this: CC employs young kids most of whom probably weren't even in school when this film was released. But these are New Yawk kids, and every time I've been in this CC store, they've been a lot more on top of things than what I hear about your typical CC location. As soon as I said it was a Clint Eastwood movie, they got even more curious.

M.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I did this for my daughter tonight. It is a stunning deal.

The clerk rang up S1 first for $18. She then rang up each of the subsequent sets (Seasons 2-6) for $2 apiece.

All six sets of 24 for $28. Wow.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Michael,

Just to follow up. I walked into a brand new CC here in metro Detroit last night. Not a single In the Line of Fire BD...or Mad Men BD, for that matter...in the store. Meet the Browns was on the shelf, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks