What's new

Weekly "Has there been any news on the Outlaw 950 thread?" (1 Viewer)

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Any news?

Updates to features or release date. Any info on what the beta testers think?

Anything???

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I spoke with an Outlaw rep yesterday. They are still planning on a BEFORE Christmas release date.
Perhaps they are being optimistic?? They may have to overnite ship to get them under the trees in time. LOL
It will be worth the wait!!!:emoji_thumbsup:
Gregg

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Gregg.
If I get it..depends on the early reviews, I plan on using my 3 channel Odyssey Stratos (to arrive soon I hope) and my stereo Stratos (I already have).
I only run 5.1 now without much room for additional speakers. My nOrh 9.0's do pretty great though and the dual SVS Ultra's are amazing too. ;)

J

John Morris

Rajee: I have a pair of ATI 2505 amps just waiting for the 950. They give me 10 channels of 250 watts into 8 ohms and they allow me to bi-amp my front three channels plus power my rear 4 channels. I also have a K2 amp for powering my subwoofer.

As for the bass management, here is what Outlaw says:

The Model 950 will be the first surround sound product to feature Cirrus's new "Triple Crossover" capability. Developed specifically for us by the software team at Cirrus (formerly Crystal Semiconductor) in conjunction with the Outlaw team, this will give you the ability to individually set the crossover point for the speakers in three groupings: Front Left/Right, Center, and Surround/Surround Back. Within each of these speaker groups you may choose a crossover point for the bass management at 40 Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120 Hz or 150Hz. This is one of the most requested features for the Model 950, and we are please to be among the very few products at ANY price that offer this type of bass management flexibility.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
This is one of the most requested features for the Model 950, and we are please to be among the very few products at ANY price that offer this type of bass management flexibility.
Correct me if I am wrong but don't the mid to higher end Sony receivers offer this kind of Bass Management, I believe in increments of 10Hz for each speaker?

--

Holadem

J

John Morris

Rajee: The center channel does NOT get grouped in with the front L/R speakers. You can set its' low pass independently of your front L/R speakers.

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Merc,
With that setup you are no "Wannabe" You will be a full fledged Elitist Bastard :D
and I say that in the nicest possible way :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
I believe John is correct about the bass management, it is broken into three distinct settings:

1 - Front left and right

2 - Center

3 - surrounds and rear surrrounds

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks