What's new

Web Hosting Options? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, I just pulled the trigger and signed up at Hostitnow.com. I'm at my parents house right now, so I won't be setting anything up yet, but does anyone (Joshua) know where I can get some MySQL and PHP primers?

I read that you can use phpMyAdmin to administer the database, but I'm relatively clueless since I've never done any work with PHP. You're right though...this is a good opportunity to learn it.

Thanks again.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, I just pulled the trigger and signed up at Hostitnow.com. I'm at my parents house right now, so I won't be setting anything up yet, but does anyone (Joshua) know where I can get some MySQL and PHP primers?

I read that you can use phpMyAdmin to administer the database, but I'm relatively clueless since I've never done any work with PHP. You're right though...this is a good opportunity to learn it.

Thanks again.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
phpwebhosting.com

$9.95 month. php and unlimited MySQL. Command line access via ssh or telnet. No bandwidth limit. Unlimited email. No space limit.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
phpwebhosting.com

$9.95 month. php and unlimited MySQL. Command line access via ssh or telnet. No bandwidth limit. Unlimited email. No space limit.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
The best place to look for php info is php.net. You can type a command in the search, and it will tell you how to use it. If you want to start programming with PHP and MySQL, I reccomend the Book, Build Your Own Database Driven Website, as well as Site Point.

Your site is pretty cool by the way. I like your HT pics. Your design is also good. It could use a bit more color, but the navigation is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks