What's new

Watch Dogs (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We're definitely excited about this one here. Probably one of my most anticipated games of the year :)

SmartCat85

Auditioning
Real Name
Rony Brige
Either this and Asssassin's Creed IV that i've really curious to see. Hopefully they'll not suck.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This just got pushed back to next Spring on all platforms. http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed-until-spring-2014-1445647171

I'm guessing they didn't like the presales or competition. This is a new IP that is releasing a month after another open world game (GTAV) and at the same time as Ubisoft's own big open world franchise (ACIV) along with two new consoles, Call of Duty, Battlefield, new Mario games, and pretty much everything else.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's really smart to move this back, I think. It gives them more time to refine the game, and it gives them a chance to get it out of the way of other major titles.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I also think that this was a smart idea.This title deserves some time in the limelight. Does this also mean that they'll be spending additional time making this a PS4/XBOne title?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I got an e-mail like 2 days ago from Best Buy trying to get me to preorder this. Heh.

It really is a great idea to push it back, especially considering just how much good buzz the game got. That said, I hope more games would release spread throughout the year. We did good this year with Bioshock and Last of Us coming out in spring/early summer but usually the holidays are TOO packed.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sigh, they had ONE JOB to do and the fugged it up.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeh, I'm not sure what that is showing me either.. a bridge comes down and you blow through the dividers? I guess I'm not observant enough to know what is going on here without any context

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It looks like you pick up a "power up" of some sort that should help with eluding the police; however, instead of starting the "mad mile" scenario it just goes "somethingOS: not connected". It looks like a bug of some sort which is funny considering the amount of time being spent on developing the game. It is not a good advertisement for your game when you put out a clip showing a piece of actual game play and that game play ends in a FAIL.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I still just don't really care. Not a fan of GTA and was surprisingly disappointed with the 4 or so hours I played into Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and this looks like a mash up of the two.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No, the graphics suck. They removed all the cool environmental effects, volumetric lighting etc.The first roll is the CURRENT build, the better looking one is from E3 3 years ago.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam- Is that a comparison on the XBOX One or PS4? It's hard to know where we are at just at the moment.. anyway, this game wasn't high on my list at all (I must be one of the few who didn't care about GTAV) but I'm up for Infamous Second Son soon

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've been reading a little about how people complain that the graphics aren't quite as good. I guess that's what happens when you look at an early promo demo video and then see the game running on actual retail hardware. Also, that is supposedly all PS4 video from both comparisons.

Even so, if the premise alone isn't enough to get you hooked, then the graphics shouldn't matter that much.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No, the graphics suck. They removed all the cool environmental effects, volumetric lighting etc.The first roll is the CURRENT build, the better looking one is from E3 3 years ago.
Oh Hell. Yeah, Now that you pointed it out I see what you mean. I won't say they suck, but it is a big downgrade.My anticipation for this title has dropped quite a bit now.
Morgan Jolley said:
I've been reading a little about how people complain that the graphics aren't quite as good. I guess that's what happens when you look at an early promo demo video and then see the game running on actual retail hardware. Also, that is supposedly all PS4 video from both comparisons. Even so, if the premise alone isn't enough to get you hooked, then the graphics shouldn't matter that much.
People were expecting something visually spectacular based on the earlier demo. The bait and switch tactics these companies use just needlessly piss people off. I'm much less likely to buy this title regardless of its quality, because the developer chose to hype people up and now can't deliver.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Leaks continue, world looks huge:
original.jpg

We'll see, if the PC version looks that good I might be tempted if they don't use the shitty Ubi or Origin DRMs. F em if they do tho.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Is that picture from watchdogs, though? Because I think that's actually a preview clip sent out for Infamous: Second Son, which is why there is a Karma meter in the top left hand side, and they are asking you to go up the space needle (it's set in Seattle)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks