What's new

Watch Dogs (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Review scores seem to be good to above average, but not great.

I had a miserable experience last night. Despite an email from Sony saying it would unlock at 12:01 eastern my copy did not become available until 1:15, I waited until 2:30 where it was about halfway downloaded and went to bed having not played it at all until tonight at the earliest.

Full of fail.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Full of fail.
Exactly my thoughts about Sony's 70 dollar a game price strategy in Canada. I haven't seen a game yet worth 70 bucks. This one doesn't seem to be any exception.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
All next-gen games are going to be that price. I don't believe it is just Sony. And frankly, I feel the same way about 90% of games so I wait until the price goes significantly down.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Bought it for the PS 4, played for about two hours and was bored as hell. Graphics not at impressive and gameplay to me was dull. Immediately regretted buying it. Not for me. I've come to the realization that I just don't like these type of games, with a few exceptions like Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Tino said:
Bought it for the PS 4, played for about two hours and was bored as hell. Graphics not at impressive and gameplay to me was dull. Immediately regretted buying it. Not for me. I've come to the realization that I just don't like these type of games, with a few exceptions like Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/05/watch-dogs-review-horribly-hacky-story-wonderfully-hacky-gameplay/After reading the Ars review, I think I'd have your reaction. Doesn't sound like my type of game.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Having played off an on for the last couple days, I have to say.. this game is pretty terrible. I get people saying good things about it.. the concept is OK.. but the story is garbage. I don't care at all about any of these characters and there is so much vague wandering around right from the beginning with absolutely no idea what your purpose is.. weapon management sucks and.. yeah, that's it.

I'd give it maybe a C-. No way I finish this game

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm enjoying it somewhat - I think there's a certain level of flair to it that I appreciate, but overall very disappointed vs expectations. Wish I could get my $60 back. Just installed a new video card too :(

Real Name
Roger
Edwin-S said:
Exactly my thoughts about Sony's 70 dollar a game price strategy in Canada. I haven't seen a game yet worth 70 bucks. This one doesn't seem to be any exception.
You wouldn't want to live in Australia then. The average RRP price for a new release game starts at around $99 for a PS4/XBONE game and $79 for a PS3/360 game currently. Early in the PS3/360 life cycle, $119 wasn't unheard of for a new game. Of course some retailers do discount at launch for a few weeks, then the price creeps back up. I got Watch Dogs for the PS4 for $68 dollars, and that's cheap here. It's okay so far, that said I've only done a couple of missions.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Last night I got credits to roll. Single player story was a mess, graphics were great, I give it a 7.5 or 8.

Today I finished Control, Alt, Delete and Shut Down PS 4 exclusive missions, bummed that the party mentioned is bullshit :(. Otherwise they were as fun or more than the main story.

PC version glitches, looks awesome but warning turn DOWN your speakers. Geez these guys:

Via reddit, game makes you think about real life differently:
LOwDSn5.jpg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How do you give a game 4 out of 5 stars while your whole review is how shitty the game is and how poorly designed it is?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thankfully I was able to trade in this game back to best buy and with the 50% trade in bonus and gamers club 10% I MADE money on it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tino said:
Thankfully I was able to trade in this game back to best buy and with the 50% trade in bonus and gamers club 10% I MADE money on it.
It has to feel good to be able to make money back on a game that that turned out to be a polished turd.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Edwin-S said:
It has to feel good to be able to make money back on a game that that turned out to be a polished turd.
So satisfying.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And to be honest I only played an hour or so to realize I didn't like it. But there was so much hype and it was so generic in gameplay and graphics I knew right away I was going to return it. Love BB and the gamers club perks.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
For those who have the Season Pass: To get your All Access DLC you need to download it separately, NOT via the in game content menu, at least on PS4. I did two of the three missions (Palace, Breakthrough) last night and they were very similar to the main game missions without any over arching story. Satisfying but not memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks