What's new

Warner Bros. remastering "Batman: The Animated Series" for Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I want the bare bones set as well. I already have two of the three Funko figures that were presents this last year. Still, this is a very historic series to me, the second best Batman series after the 1966 Adam West series.
Agreed on bare bones set and the Adam west series!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy arrived late last night (Amazon sure takes their sweet time on deliveries). The box is not made of strong cardboard (like the Adam West set) and got dinged in shipping. Nevertheless, it's an impressive set. The kids and I will enjoy this tremendously over the next several months. Screenshots from The Digital Bits look amazing.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
But would it have killed them to put the discs in *standard* viva cases and have the book just a book? I absolutely detest book/disc sleeve packaging! I have replaced several sets that used that type of packaging when they were later released in standard cases. Others I've just caved and purchased normal cases for them and put the "special" packaging in storage.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Let's try a different release... This time at Walmart and the "regular," aka non-box of junk edition:

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) $49.49 with free shipping or free store pickup.
Thank you! This is the version I've been waiting for. And if you don't mind delaying the shipping by a week, Walmart will take another $0.25 off.

It'd be hilarious if the digital copy for the "regular" release is in HD, whiel the digital copy for the limited release was in pre-remastering SD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thank you! This is the version I've been waiting for. And if you don't mind delaying the shipping by a week, Walmart will take another $0.25 off.

It'd be hilarious if the digital copy for the "regular" release is in HD, whiel the digital copy for the limited release was in pre-remastering SD.
What do you mean?
Hasn’t Warners made the digital copy available in HD now?
I thought it was fixed.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

I'm not even sure of the release date -- it's say pick it up next week, but I thought the official release date was the 12/11 anyway so take extra 0.25 since it's not likely going to be here anyway.

I wonder if you take the 0.25 option if that would push you to 12/19?

Edit -- I see others got the digital part, but The Digital on the Deluxe was supposed to be fixed a couple weeks ago -- new redeemers get HDX right off and the prior redeemers were supposed to auto-upgraded though some people have still had to call to get things straightened out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, my set arrived today and karma has rewarded me for my snark with a missing digital copy insert.

I will post pictures of the unboxing once I've got that issue squared away with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

EDIT: Once I was able to provide sufficient proof of purchase, Warner Bros. was extremely responsive about clearing up the issue. One of the best customer service experiences I've had in a long, long time.

Here are the promised photos:
btas-standardedition-01.jpg
btas-standardedition-02.jpg

btas-standardedition-03.jpg
btas-standardedition-04.jpg
btas-standardedition-05.jpg

There are twelve discs in total, in two cases with two sided flaps for all of the discs. There is a booklet listing which episodes and special features are on which disc. There's also an ad for the DC Universe streaming service.

Other than the issue with the digital code insert being missing, I've very happy I waited for the standard release.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Well, my set arrived today and karma has rewarded me for my snark with a missing digital copy insert.

I will post pictures of the unboxing once I've got that issue squared away with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

EDIT: Once I was able to provide sufficient proof of purchase, Warner Bros. was extremely responsive about clearing up the issue. One of the best customer service experiences I've had in a long, long time.

View attachment 52869 View attachment 52870
View attachment 52871 View attachment 52872 View attachment 52873
There are twelve discs in total, in two cases with two sided flaps for all of the discs. There is a booklet listing which episodes and special features are on which disc. There's also an ad for the DC Universe streaming service.

Other than the issue with the digital code insert being missing, I've very happy I waited for the standard release.

Another one on my wish / Santa list...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

The Digital seems to be a common issue with this set. It appears whoever assembled the package used the Canadian instructions about what was to be included. I actually thought that maybe WM was sending the Canadian set, but the pics shown by the others showed the Digital Banner, no French on the cover, and US UPC

One other person mentioned that the 2 cases were slightly different styles, though from what I can see yours appear pretty identical

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

View attachment 52869 View attachment 52870
View attachment 52871 View attachment 52872 View attachment 52873

That's exactly the packaging I've been waiting for and am now a bit sorry I didn't go ahead with a WM order! I *did* cancel my ~$62 box-of-junk version with bad packaging order at Amazon after seeing your images. I'll gladly wait for the standard version to come back down in price (and it will...) and get that instead. :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And now Amazon has dropped the price of the standard release to $69.96 (matching WM's current price) - with shipping in "1 to 2 months" (WM has 2 day shipping and it's apparently in stock).

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
And now Amazon has dropped the price of the standard release to $69.96 (matching WM's current price) - with shipping in "1 to 2 months" (WM has 2 day shipping and it's apparently in stock).

I feel like it would be wise to wait on this title.
Even if it’s a year I think it will be sub $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks