What's new

Warner Bros. remastering "Batman: The Animated Series" for Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Will the non box of junk collection include the feature films too? Mask and subzero??

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The US LE and SE have the same 12 discs and Digital copies -- 9 for the series, 1 Bonus, and 2 Movies.

Amazon hasn't said. Some say the LE is sold out though that made more sense when almost everyone had their orders offline after the 1st release date change. More likely it's more of the replication delays and speculation that it's going to be pushed back and delayed again -- though that has not been announced (goes back to the multiple back/forth changing release dates). It's more possible they have been told to expect 20/30/40% of their original allotment so they pulled additional orders since they may not even have enough to meet current pre-orders.

Similar issues with SE and why everyone pulled their preorders almost immediately after the announcement. Either Warner told everyone to hold order to force the sales of the LE or delayed production left the release date at best soft and wanted to prevent yet another series of changing release dates.

The $99 WM price would have been considered a steal a year or two ago when people were promising to pay $300 Day 1 no questions asked just to get their hands on a copy. Pretty much every one knew no matter what price was announced nearly 100% of those posters would swallow their whistle and be first in line complaining about how expensive the set was and "the Rich Mega Companies ripping off the little guy again by holding their insulin hostage, pointing a shotgun at their daughter, and forcing them to pay out the nose" -- while searching immediately for a torrent. It's still 10% off MSRP though certainly not a good deal compared to even the other preorders -- of course irrelevant if nothing ships.

So far one UK poster says his preorder has moved to Preparing to Ship stage for current release date of Nov 5

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The US LE and SE have the same 12 discs and Digital copies -- 9 for the series, 1 Bonus, and 2 Movies.

Amazon hasn't said. Some say the LE is sold out though that made more sense when almost everyone had their orders offline after the 1st release date change. More likely it's more of the replication delays and speculation that it's going to be pushed back and delayed again -- though that has not been announced (goes back to the multiple back/forth changing release dates). It's more possible they have been told to expect 20/30/40% of their original allotment so they pulled additional orders since they may not even have enough to meet current pre-orders.

Similar issues with SE and why everyone pulled their preorders almost immediately after the announcement. Either Warner told everyone to hold order to force the sales of the LE or delayed production left the release date at best soft and wanted to prevent yet another series of changing release dates.

The $99 WM price would have been considered a steal a year or two ago when people were promising to pay $300 Day 1 no questions asked just to get their hands on a copy. Pretty much every one knew no matter what price was announced nearly 100% of those posters would swallow their whistle and be first in line complaining about how expensive the set was and "the Rich Mega Companies ripping off the little guy again by holding their insulin hostage, pointing a shotgun at their daughter, and forcing them to pay out the nose" -- while searching immediately for a torrent. It's still 10% off MSRP though certainly not a good deal compared to even the other preorders -- of course irrelevant if nothing ships.

So far one UK poster says his preorder has moved to Preparing to Ship stage for current release date of Nov 5

I appreciate the info!
I think I’m in for the standard release.
I usually get several gift cards during the holidays so I will wait until then to pick up the set.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I imported the Italian Batman 1966 tv series blu ray set for $50 several years back. Everything is in English on the set and it is not region locked.
I wonder if there will be a similar set that can be imported for this release...

Cost wise the 66 Italian set was much cheaper than the US set.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I imported the Italian Batman 1966 tv series blu ray set for $50 several years back. Everything is in English on the set and it is not region locked.
I wonder if there will be a similar set that can be imported for this release...

Cost wise the 66 Italian set was much cheaper than the US set.

It's Warner so 98% chance it's region free since it's Warner everywhere so that part is almost a given.

Whether there will be a $30 set is harder to say since Italy doesn't have a release scheduled yet. Unlike the 60's TV show, none of the EU countries have a deluxe LE set so I'm assuming the big box sold even worse in Europe than in did in the US. Italy often announces titles a couple months later so it's worth keeping an eye on.

Goal -- BN 40% sale (most often has been instore only) the week before Xmas most often has a 25% coupon that week. Most sales the coupon is allowed, but not 100%.
First assumption -- BN exists through XMAS and has their usual 40% off MSRP sale
1) Actually having the SE being released and not delayed into 2019,
2) in stock either in-store or available to order from the store as a ship to home order since usually teh sale doesn't apply to most new online releases
3) Normal 25-30% Coupons being allowed on sale titles.
If everything fits together exactly then the US SE set could be $35-40

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Warner announced a day or so,ago that they upped the production total on this set from 30k to 70k.
So there should be more available of the limited edition out for ordering for those that want it.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Target has a buy two get one on movies this week.the set is listed online but the pre order button is grayed out..

Incredibles 2 can be preordered for the sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Target has a buy two get one on movies this week.the set is listed online but the pre order button is grayed out..

It will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday when it goes live.
Is Target really sold out of their allotment or just those that had slotted for preorders.
Will it be allowed on the B2G1 program?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday when it goes live.
Is Target really sold out of their allotment or just those that had slotted for preorders.
Will it be allowed on the B2G1 program?
I agreed. I would assume it would be part of the sale.

Targets price is $115 though.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If it is on the sale it would be a great way to buy 3 sets.

Yep assuming you don't want to wait 6-8 weeks fro a lower price. Even at $112, 3 sets with a redcard would be $70 ea. If the price drops to match other retailers release week prices then maybe $60-65ea. It seems the preorder price was right at $100 and bumped to MSRP when it sold out.

Brickseek inventory has a price of $87.39 listed -- no store stock listed yet, but I think that price is probably leftover from an early Preorder price level (August post)

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yep assuming you don't want to wait 6-8 weeks fro a lower price. Even at $112, 3 sets with a redcard would be $70 ea. If the price drops to match other retailers release week prices then maybe $60-65ea. It seems the preorder price was right at $100 and bumped to MSRP when it sold out.

Brickseek inventory has a price of $87.39 listed -- no store stock listed yet, but I think that price is probably leftover from an early Preorder price level (August post)

Good to know.

Is there any news on the standard non le set???

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good to know.

Is there any news on the standard non le set???

None that I've found. Bullmoose still has the only active Preorder left.

With Warner over doubling the LE initial run to 70K units a lot of folks don't expect to see the SE Preorder to go back anytime soon. If I had to guess, look for it to return to the websites mid-Nov ASSUMING they don't just flat delay it until Spring and use those discs that were supposed to be packed in the SE to make more LE packs.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I want the bare bones set as well. I already have two of the three Funko figures that were presents this last year. Still, this is a very historic series to me, the second best Batman series after the 1966 Adam West series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks