What's new

WARNER - Batman: The Animated Series in BOX SETS (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
To Whom It May Concern,
I am an avid movie and television enthusiast with a growing library of DVD's. One of the "goals", for the lack of a better term, is to have the Batman: The Animated Series, in it's varied incarnations, available in this format. Several Batman Animated and Batman Beyond discs have already been released, and I look forward for the remainder to be available in the future.
However, I have a growing concern that you will release episodes only in a "Best Of" manner. The recent announcement that "Friends" would not be released in a seasonal box set, this after the vocal disappointment that came after the first Friends "Best Of" sets, has me concerned that you will indeed release only scattered episodes of BTAS rather than entire seasons.
As both an avid fan of this series (Superman as well) and a consumer, PLEASE do not take the "Best Of" route. Release this excellent series in it's entirety. There IS a market for such a move and I'm sure that if you release a series of box sets, the fans and consumers both will be thankful for your decision.
Thank you for your time,
Gary Annett
[Edited last by GaryEA on August 14, 2001 at 03:32 PM]

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Batman: TAS season boxes were "announced" a few weeks ago. I don't know if any of this is official (and after the Wonka fiasco, take it with a grain of salt even if it is), but here's just one of the news items from World's Finest:
It looks like we got some Great DVDs on the horizon as new is spreading about DVDs coming to us in the future. IGN.com and davsdvd.com have both posted about the upcoming Batman Animated DVDs that are coming to us in spring of 2002. The DVD set will be a season by season roll out. Also thedigitalbits.com confirms that Warner Bros. is indeed releasing the first Batman movie, at least, to special edition DVD. We'l keep you posted on any new Batman DVD developments.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I had been very excited by the announcement a few weeks back as I feel Batman : TAS is one of the most faithful adaptations of the character. However, I will only buy if it's in season boxed set format.
Lets see if Warners can improve their recent track record.
Starting to hold my breath.... now...
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
According to Pazsas, the episode numbers are as follows:
Batman the Animated Series - first season - 65 episodes
Batman the Animated Series - second season - 20 episodes
The Adventures of Batman and Robin - first season - 5 episodes
The Adventures of Batman and Robin - second season - 15 episodes
The New Batman Adventures - first season - 16 episodes
The New Batman Adventures - second season - 11 episodes
So that's what, 65 episodes in season one vs. 67 episodes for everything else? I'm wondering if the first season set will be the "real" first season or if they'll just put on 13 episodes and call it the first season. The first season runs around 24 hours, minus commercials.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That World's Finest site discusses this (though, they are only speculating), and they also believe something will have to be done to break up season 1. They speculated that there may be several season 1 boxes: vol. 1, vol. 2, etc. I wouldn't mind this at all, as long as they don't go the "best of" route and have everything out of order. In fact, since I am not intimately familiar with the series, I would love to buy a smaller box in order to see if I'd like to go forward with the entire set.

BradC

Grip
Being a huge BTAS fan, I can't emphasize enough how excited I would be to see Warner release this phenomenal series in a season by season format. I agree that the first season would likely need to be broken up due to the sheer volume of episodes, but as long as the episodes are released in a few "mini" sets in chronological order then I would have no problem whatsoever. It's Warner's propensity to the "best ofs" that is the real "worry" factor for me. If Warner changes it's ways and goes with a chronologica release of the BTAS cartoons then I and many of my friends will be snapping them up immediately. There is a huge demand for this series as can be witnessed by the numerous petitions floating around in cyberspace. Please do this one right Warner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks