What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Young Man With A Horn (1950) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
horn.png

YOUNG MAN WITH A HORN (1950)
New 2020 1080p HD Remaster from 4K Scan of Original Nitrate Elements
Run Time: 112:00
Subtitles: English SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 – English
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1 4x3 Full Frame
Product Color: B&W
Disc Configuration: BD 50

Special Features: Lux Radio Theater broadcast (3/3/52) with Kirk Douglas and Jo Stafford; Vintage WB Cartoons: HILLBLLY HARE (HD); HOMELESS HARE (HD) and HURDY GURDY HARE (HD); Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
With a secondhand trumpet and the loving guidance of a brilliant bluesman, a lonely boy grows into manhood as a superb musician whose talent carries him from honky-tonks to posh supper clubs. But his desperate search for an elusive high note – trapped in his mind but impossible to play – starts him on a boozy downward slide. Charged with dynamic performances by Kirk Douglas (the title role), Doris Day, Lauren Bacall and Hoagy Carmichael, and pitch-perfect direction by Michael Curtiz (Casablanca), the film is a feast of hot, cool, moody jazz. Legendary Harry James dubbed Douglas' hornwork. Day brings another fine instrument – her voice – to four standards. Movie and music lovers will be glad to meet this Man.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Trancas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
"New 2020 1080p HD Remaster from 4K Scan of Original Nitrate Elements" plus Warner Archive! Wow! This should be something special.

"Original Nitrate Elements" could be anything from the period on nitrate; fine grain (hopefully), dupe negative, dupe positive, even theatrical print. Warner's PR seems to be trying to blur things a little. You'll notice on Shop Around the Corner they say "Beautifully remastered from protection film elements made right from the original nitrate negative".
Mister Roberts they make a point of saying "from 4K Scan of Original Negative".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
"Original Nitrate Elements" could be anything from the period on nitrate; fine grain (hopefully), dupe negative, dupe positive, even theatrical print. Warner's PR seems to be trying to blur things a little. You'll notice on Shop Around the Corner they say "Beautifully remastered from protection film elements made right from the original nitrate negative".
Mister Roberts they make a point of saying "from 4K Scan of Original Negative".
So I guess that means you're not buying this release.

Trancas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
So I guess that means you're not buying this release.
You're right. I'm tired of the musician tortured-by-life's-choices plot line that was popular during the 50s and I'm not always a big fan of Kirk and Lauren. Lauren in the 40's - love her. Lauren in the 50's - no thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
You're right. I'm tired of the musician tortured-by-life's-choices plot line that was popular during the 50s and I'm not always a big fan of Kirk and Lauren. Lauren in the 40's - love her. Lauren in the 50's - no thanks.
Anyway, those of us that are fans of this movie appreciate your positive contribution to this thread.;)

Trancas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric

Kirk uses his duo-tone emotional voice here and Lauren speaks in a monotone at the bottom of her vocal range.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kp100
Recent bookmarks