What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51pAZm2O5lL._SY445_.jpg

NEW 2020 1080p master!
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS (1999)
Run Time 98:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.85:1, 16 X 9 Widescreen
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Includes Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

The Sarah Rose American Teen Princess Pageant is a beauty contest to die for! And that’s exactly what the contestants in Mount Rose, Minnesota, are doing. Ever since the vivacious-but-vicious former beauty queen Gladys Leeman (Kirstie Alley, TV’s Cheers) started pushing her charm-challenged daughter, Rebecca (Denise Richards, The World Is Not Enough), to win at all costs, the competition has been dropping like flies. Between exploding tractors and deadly hunting accidents, it’s a wonder the top challenger, poor Amber (Kirsten Dunst, Spider-Man), has the courage to keep her tap shoes on. But after Amber’s mother (Ellen Barkin, TV’s Animal Kingdom) is injured in a suspicious trailer-park-beauty-shop bombing, Amber is determined to fight to the finish – and the battle between the good and the bad is about to get ugly! Experience plenty of mom, apple pie and all-American mayhem, plus a hit-packed soundtrack, in this breakthrough comedy that is “clever, fearless and loaded with wicked lines and touches” (Los Angeles Times).

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yes. I'm not saying you should blind buy it because that's not what you asked. You asked if it was a good film so I gave you the correct answer :D
Thank you. I'll now investigate further to see if there's a good chance I'd enjoy the film. I'm sure the disc itself will be excellent as it's Warner Archive.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ve been waiting for this on blu! I’ve loved this film for 20+ years now. Totally ahead of its time. Its in that mockumentary style like The Office/Parks and Rec/Modern Family/etc but a bit more dead pan and with a darker sense of humor. A major hidden gem of a comedy. Great stuff!

Real Name
William D. Ferry
I can't recommend this enough. Great comedy satire. I've watched it countless times, and still laugh at it. It's my go-to film when I don't know what i want to watch, or if i just need a good laugh.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
NEW 2020 1080p master!
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS (1999)
Run Time 98:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.85:1, 16 X 9 Widescreen
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Includes Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

The Sarah Rose American Teen Princess Pageant is a beauty contest to die for! And that’s exactly what the contestants in Mount Rose, Minnesota, are doing. Ever since the vivacious-but-vicious former beauty queen Gladys Leeman (Kirstie Alley, TV’s Cheers) started pushing her charm-challenged daughter, Rebecca (Denise Richards, The World Is Not Enough), to win at all costs, the competition has been dropping like flies. Between exploding tractors and deadly hunting accidents, it’s a wonder the top challenger, poor Amber (Kirsten Dunst, Spider-Man), has the courage to keep her tap shoes on. But after Amber’s mother (Ellen Barkin, TV’s Animal Kingdom) is injured in a suspicious trailer-park-beauty-shop bombing, Amber is determined to fight to the finish – and the battle between the good and the bad is about to get ugly! Experience plenty of mom, apple pie and all-American mayhem, plus a hit-packed soundtrack, in this breakthrough comedy that is “clever, fearless and loaded with wicked lines and touches” (Los Angeles Times).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks