What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (2 Viewers)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
High marks as well to SAINT JOAN and TOO MUCH, TOO SOON, both anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) and in decent shape. No trailers but the original cover artwork is a definite plus. The former may strike some as contrasty but I've never seen a better print otherwise.

Corey

Screenwriter
I wonder if the Andy Hardy series will be dumped into here? Lord knows that set would be great with a documentary, shorts, and interviews with Mickey Rooney and Ann Rutherford.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Corey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the Andy Hardy series will be dumped into here? Lord knows that set would be great with a documentary, shorts, and interviews with Mickey Rooney and Ann Rutherford.
This is one of my very few serial movies on my waiting list. I'd probablyt pay almost any list price they come up with for this series.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive is having a sale right now on over 400 archive titles - buy 5 for $55 with Free Shipping.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Some extra Tips:

CABINWB - $5 off $50
mrrebates.com - use the link to WBShop from this site and get 5% cashback

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Gotta give props to Warners for continuing to have regular sales. The other MOD programs have yet to have one.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
The multi-disc sets are also 35% off. Using the CABINWB code I got the Believe It or Not shorts (2-discs), Warner Bros. Big Band, Jazz shorts (6-discs) and Caine's Jack the Ripper (2-discs) for just over $55. These type of deals will have me shopping me more often.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I also used code WELCOME09 for and additional $5 of for a total of 5 for $45.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Wrestling Ernest Hemingway is currently $9.95 so I just added it to my order of 5 and with 2 coupons + tax the total came to $59.51...

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I ordered these:

Nora Prentiss
I Died a Thousand Times
Angel Baby
From Hell it Came
I Was a Communist for the FBI
Lepke
They Only Kill Their Masters
Tribute to a Bad Man
The Woman on Pier 13 (aka I Married a Communist)
Untamed Youth
Jack the Ripper (two-disc set, $12.96)
The Deliberate Stranger (two-disc set, $12.96)

I got $10 off with the two coupon codes and of course free shipping. With tax the total comes to $137.00.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Damn the WB Archive! This is a sale too good to pass up. I placed two orders for a bunch of titles I thought looked kinda interesting, but titles I was not about to risk $20 on. $11 I can do. I recently had my first bad experience with the WB Archive (shipping was delayed a week on an order, and I had to keep e-mailing to make sure it was shipped), but I couldn't pass up such an amazing chance to try out some films I had never heard of but thought looked interesting.

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Jay E, thanks for the heads up on the sale and the CABINWB tip. Tony D, thanks for the WELCOME09 tip. I was surprised they honored both coupon codes on a sale that's already close to half price.

I just ordered five single discs for $45 with free shipping. All of my previous Warner Archive orders have worked out to $15 per disc (I always use the REWARD25 code). This order averages $9 per disc.

All the films I ordered are blind buys. I've wanted to see them, but wasn't about to take a chance on them at the regular $15 price. But for $9 each, I'll check them out.

Keep 'em coming, Warners.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I placed 2 orders...one with both coupons.
Picked up a few blind buys such as Girlfriends (A personal favorite of Kubrick) and Get to Know Your Rabbit. Also picked up a couple of Tourneurs (Berlin Express & Experiment Perilous) and a couple of Walsh westerns (Colorado Territory & Along the Great Divide).

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
What is everybody's experience with their website?
I placed my first order with them a few days ago (Saturday).
Do they send out email notifications?
They never sent me an email saying they got my order, but they did charge my credit card because I checked.
I also went to their website under my account/order history, but it says I did not order in their store. Weird. I guess I should have written down the confirmation number when I placed the order, because now I can't find it. I think the estimated shipping date was the 29th so I still have a few days. Maybe they'll email me then.

KathyBeck

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered Berlin Express, Bhowani Junction, The Verdict, Canterville Ghost and Sphinx on the evening of the 24th and received a confirmation email shortly after. I just received an email this evening saying my order had shipped. So far, so good!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thanks for your help. I think I'll wait a few days before I email them. It says they charge your card when they ship so maybe it will show up in the mail in the next few days. If it doesn't, than I'll email them.

greylocke5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard G.
Three new titles are now available for pre-order:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks