What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (2 Viewers)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Anyone know when Movies Unlimited first released their exclusive MOD of Till the End of Time (1946)? I just noticed it and it is still exclusive to that site.

Interested in this mainly due to Mitchum's role yet not enough to buy from MU and would like to get a rough estimate on when it will get wide release through the WAC site.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Just out of curiosity, does wbshop change their coupon codes every so often? I know I have been trying their DEALS10 ($10 off $50), and it doesn't seem to be working now (admittedly I haven't ordered from them for a little while). And where does everybody generally find these coupon codes?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
JoHud said:
Anyone know when Movies Unlimited first released their exclusive MOD of Till the End of Time (1946)? I just noticed it and it is still exclusive to that site.

Interested in this mainly due to Mitchum's role yet not enough to buy from MU and would like to get a rough estimate on when it will get wide release through the WAC site.
It appears that MU just started selling it this month. I believe it's about three months before "exclusive" titles make their appearance on the WAC site.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Astairefan said:
Just out of curiosity, does wbshop change their coupon codes every so often? I know I have been trying their DEALS10 ($10 off $50), and it doesn't seem to be working now (admittedly I haven't ordered from them for a little while). And where does everybody generally find these coupon codes?
Neil, in the past WBShop and WAC did change their coupon codes every so often, but I haven't been aware of coupons for either site in quite a while. I haven't even received a birthday discount e-mail from them in a few years. They still have decent sales throughout the year. They just ended a 3 for $35 deal. In the past they've always had 5 for $50 deals during their anniversary in March and at the end of the year. If someone has coupon codes, please share.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
JoelA said:
It appears that MU just started selling it this month. I believe it's about three months before "exclusive" titles make their appearance on the WAC site.
Probably quite soon. Weren't the recent June Allyson titles also exclusives?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
classicmovieguy said:
Probably quite soon. Weren't the recent June Allyson titles also exclusives?
Yes, they were, along with most of the MacDonald-Eddy titles (together and apart), Rhapsody in Blue, The Great Waltz, George Washington Slept Here, The Horn Blows at Midnight, Music For Millions, Salute to the Marines, etc.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I just came across Warner Archives INSTANT site.

I'm unable to access the titles on display, but can somebody tell me if those titles listed and not currently released on a DVD will most likely get a release?
The title listed that interests me most is "James A Fitzpatrick's TRAVELTALKS - Post War UK Empire"
I would purchase a DVD without hesitation.

Doug.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Doug Bull said:
I just came across Warner Archives INSTANT site.I'm unable to access the titles on display, but can somebody tell me if those titles listed and not currently released on a DVD will most likely get a release?The title listed that interests me most is "James A Fitzpatrick's TRAVELTALKS - Post War UK Empire"I would purchase a DVD without hesitation.Doug.
WAC has said on their FB page in the past that they will release them in volumes, which they seem to be ready to start. I have watched just about every one they have up on instant and they are a little ragged but they are so much fun to watch. I'm with you in that they would be an immediate purchase.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
ahollis said:
WAC has said on their FB page in the past that they will release them in volumes, which they seem to be ready to start. I have watched just about every one they have up on instant and they are a little ragged but they are so much fun to watch. I'm with you in that they would be an immediate purchase.
Thanks for that Allen.
I'm lucky enough to own a few on 35mm and the Technicolor is gorgeous.
Shame that the condition at Warner Archives is a little ragged.
Those titles released earlier on Laserdisc unfortunately, mostly had faded color.

Still, I will most definitely buy them when and if they are released.
I never tire of that wonderful closing "And so we reluctantly say farewell to beautiful....."

Viewing this series of shorts is fascinating, watching all those individuals, most of whom are now long gone, going about their business while caught forever in a moment of time. Great stuff.

Doug.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
They are a fascinating capsule of a time gone by. I go into an elegiac mood with the pre-war shorts because I know what their world was hurtling toward, and how everything would change forever within a few years.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I wouldn't use the Warner Instant site as a measuring stick for how the upcoming DVD set will look. If it's not already on DVD (and not HD) they usually just use the present TV transfers or older analog transfers. Most of these will likely be remastered, possibly from different elements, for the retail set.

I also look forward to an upcoming Traveltalks set as I do the Pete Smith set (also several volumes) they have planned.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoHud said:
I wouldn't use the Warner Instant site as a measuring stick for how the upcoming DVD set will look. If it's not already on DVD (and not HD) they usually just use the present TV transfers or older analog transfers. Most of these will likely be remastered, possibly from different elements, for the retail set.I also look forward to an upcoming Traveltalks set as I do the Pete Smith set (also several volumes) they have planned.
And that might be the reason it's taking so long to get them released.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i managed to take advantage of oldies wb archive sale and ordered

jump into hell
target zero
betrayed.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Doug Bull said:
Other than the 3 Stooges titles is there a complete contents listing for the new MGM Dream Factory shorts set anywhere yet?
They've corrected the listing on their site; it's just the 6 Stooges shorts.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Well that counts me out then.

Their original announcement mentioned 4 discs and around 30 or so shorts.

The fact that they've left the title as more shorts from the Dream Factory is technically correct, but is a bit misleading and very disappointing.

I'll bide my time as I have a few of these Stooges shorts on laserdisc already.

Doug.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
GregoryMesh said:
Coming tomorrow:

attachicon.gif
aa.jpg
attachicon.gif
ac.jpg
Am I the only one to notice the misspelling of Nertsery Rhymes? I realize it's impossible to misspell a word that doesn't exitst, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks