What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (11 Viewers)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I guess a 1932 MGM film doesn’t count as a MGM product. :rolleyes:
If you're going to quote me, then please at least afford me the dignity to quote what I said, not what you think I said or what you perceive I said, or didn't say, or wish that I had said instead.

Yes, The Mask of Fu Manchu is MGM product.

Never say it wasn't.
Didn't suggest there was NO MGM product in April's announcements.
Didn't even condemn WAC or make ANY sort of critical statement, judgement call, etc. about the picture's importance in the MGM canon.
Didn't even make a reference to it - period!

Asked one question: MGM's 100th, right?

Made one positive statement.

"More MGM product":, and even topped it off with "pretty please".

Still you consider mine the negative comment. Or merely critical. Or perhaps, misguided. Or maybe, just maybe, critical by omission. There. I think I covered all your bases now.

Point is: whatever the inference, you made it - not me.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
RE: Green Mansions. Odd Hepburn flick. Goes on my list next to Paris When It Sizzles, which isn't a great movie either, just in case anyone was wondering.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you're going to quote me, then please at least afford me the dignity to quote what I said, not what you think I said or what you perceive I said, or didn't say, or wish that I had said instead.

Yes, The Mask of Fu Manchu is MGM product.

Never say it wasn't.
Didn't suggest there was NO MGM product in April's announcements.
Didn't even condemn WAC or make ANY sort of critical statement, judgement call, etc. about the picture's importance in the MGM canon.
Didn't even make a reference to it - period!

Made one positive statement.

"More MGM product":, and even topped it off with "pretty please".

Still you consider mine the negative comment. Or merely critical. Or perhaps, misguided. Or maybe, just maybe, critical by omission. There. I think I covered all your bases now.

Point is: whatever the inference, you made it - not me.
I didn't quote you, like I did this latest post. However, I just noticed that you wanted more MGM titles, but failed to mention The Mask of Fu Manchu, an MGM title.

filmfreak

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I love jungle movies, so this one is a must. I read the book in High School. I have the soft and overall crumby-looking DVD, and would love to see a Blu. Audrey is so damn beautiful.
I love AH but TBH the movie isn't that great. Even though it's not one of her best roles just b/c it is AH they might upgrade it and it's the only one her Warner / MGM films not out on BR yet.

filmfreak

Agent
Real Name
Brian
RE: Green Mansions. Odd Hepburn flick. Goes on my list next to Paris When It Sizzles, which isn't a great movie either, just in case anyone was wondering.

Agree. Roman Holiday, Love in the Afternoon and Sabrina are her top 3 for me.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Took advantage of MovieZyng's current Warner Archive sale to grab some titles I've had my eye on for a while now:

Looney Tunes Collector's Choice Volume 2
Flying Leathernecks
Captains of the Clouds
Annie Get Your Gun
Doctor X
King Solomon's Mines
Escape from Fort Bravo
A Night at the Opera
The Old Man and the Sea
Land of the Pharaohs
The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I can’t answer for Random Harvest, but George Feltenstein has mentioned in past podcasts that there are elements issues holding up Prisoner of Zenda. I, for one, would definitely be all over a remastered Blu-ray of Zenda.
If Mr George and his team could do the two-fer on Blu ray as they did on the DVD, for BOTH the Ronald Coleman & Stewart Grainger versions would be a instant buy from me!!

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Though I'm a big A. Hepburn fan, I don't know anything about Green Mansions. As to Paris When It Sizzles, I know it generally doesn't get a lot of love, but I think it's an absolutely brilliant satire and funny as all get out! Audrey and Bill Holden camp it up perfectly!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Dr. Lao is another big one for me. Im still excited about Fu Manchu as that was the number 1 movie on my WAC/WHV wish list. The Last Dinosaur, the remaining Val Lewton movies, It! , In This Our Life, Sadie McKee, The First Deadly Sin, All Through the Night , Mr. Skeffington, The Narrow Margin and Captain Sindbad are also are my Warner Most Wanted list !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks