What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (21 Viewers)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I preordered They Drive By Night from Amazon weeks ago. Today is the release date. Now it says...Temporarily Out of Stock ! ? :huh:....... Not good news that's for sure. :confused::( I have Not seen a Review yet either. :confused:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
More to come for April?

1711645914866.png
Coming to Blu-ray on April 30th from the Warner Archive Collection!

New 2024 1080p HD master from 4K scan of best presevation elements.

DEVIL’S DOORWAY (1950)
BD-50
87 Minutes
B&W
16x9 1.37:1 with side mattes
DTS-HD MA 2.0
English SDH

Directed by Anthony Mann

Special features: Classic cartoons “The Chump Champ” and “Cue Ball Cat”

Cast: Robert Taylor, Louis Calhern, Paula Raymond

Shoshone tribesman and Civil War hero Lance Poole (Robert Taylor) returns home with a Congressional Medal of Honor on his chest and a saddlebag full of dreams about prospering as a cattleman on his family’s land. But Native Americans have no citizenship, no property rights. The courts, despite the efforts of Lane’s attorney (Paula Raymond) offer no remedy. Lance and his people must fight to keep their land. Devil’s Doorway, the first of the several groundbreaking Westerns by master auteur filmmaker Anthony Mann (The Naked Spur) is one of the earliest films sympathetic to the plight of Native Americans, standing alongside the same year’s Broken Arrow. Perhaps not coincidentally, Lane Poole’s tribal name is Broken Lance.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I saw this posted on their Facebook page this morning. If it's like last month's batch, more announcements will come one at a time during the day.

Not sure about that. It has been 33 minutes since the initial announcement and the last batch was every 15 minutes.

This is odd that Warner just announced this out of the blue, but I'll hold some optimism for more announcements today.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
More to come for April?

View attachment 217924 Coming to Blu-ray on April 30th from the Warner Archive Collection!

DEVIL’S DOORWAY (1950)
BD-50
87 Minutes
B&W
DTS-HD MA 2.0
English SDH

Directed by Anthony Mann

Shoshone tribesman and Civil War hero Lance Poole (Robert Taylor) returns home with a Congressional Medal of Honor on his chest and a saddlebag full of dreams about prospering as a cattleman on his family’s land. But Native Americans have no citizenship, no property rights. The courts, despite the efforts of Lane’s attorney (Paula Raymond) offer no remedy. Lance and his people must fight to keep their land. Devil’s Doorway, the first of the several groundbreaking Westerns by master auteur filmmaker Anthony Mann (The Naked Spur) is one of the earliest films sympathetic to the plight of Native Americans, standing alongside the same year’s Broken Arrow. Perhaps not coincidentally, Lane Poole’s tribal name is Broken Lance.
Devil's Doorway is one of the best noir westerns! Anthony Mann directing with John Alton as cinematographer are at the top of their craft in this movie. I can't wait to own this on Blu-ray.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Devil's Doorway is one of the best noir westerns! Anthony Mann directing with John Alton as cinematographer are at the top of their craft in this movie. I can't wait to own this on Blu-ray.
I saw MGM's archive print of this film at MoMA in 1974. Knew nothing about the film. And was I impressed! Definitely one of the best Westerns (noir) ever made.

onga999

Agent
Real Name
Oak
Looks like Warner Archive is looking into more Cartoon Network content! Granted it's just a re-release, but it's nice to see regardless! I've also seen that Dexter's Labratory is getting released this year! Hopefully they can go back to more of these old releases that are out of print. I'd love to see the old Captain Planet complete series get a redo!

1711649613223.png

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Looks like Warner Archive is looking into more Cartoon Network content! Granted it's just a re-release, but it's nice to see regardless! I've also seen that Dexter's Labratory is getting released this year! Hopefully they can go back to more of these old releases that are out of print. I'd love to see the old Captain Planet complete series get a redo!

View attachment 217936
Not for me but isn’t it surprisingly this is DVD-R rather than BD?

onga999

Agent
Real Name
Oak
Not for me but isn’t it surprisingly this is DVD-R rather than BD?
My guess is that they did standard DVD-R because it's a re-release of a previously done set. The archive definetly doesn't like doing standard definition blu-ray releases. IMO, this is a test to see if there is a market for Cartoon Network content.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did copy and paste the movies, these were all pushed back to May 14th.
THE NUN'S STORY (1959), FRIENDLY PERSUASION (1956), and YOU'RE A BIG BOY NOW (1966) due to production delays.

Devils' Doorway is a "replacement" for the three movies being pushed back.

I suspect May's titles are still going to come in addition to the three movies pushed back.

They Drive by Night shipped from Amazon today. Patience is a virtue!

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I preordered They Drive By Night from Amazon weeks ago. Today is the release date. Now it says...Temporarily Out of Stock ! ? :huh:....... Not good news that's for sure. :confused::( I have Not seen a Review yet either. :confused:
It's Now coming Wednesday April 6th from Amazon. Eight days after the release date. :huh: Anybody get a copy yet ?

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
More to come for April?

View attachment 217924 Coming to Blu-ray on April 30th from the Warner Archive Collection!

DEVIL’S DOORWAY (1950)
BD-50
87 Minutes
B&W
DTS-HD MA 2.0
English SDH

Directed by Anthony Mann

More MGM Robert Taylor Films Please. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks