What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (14 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hmm, which Best Picture Winners in Warner's library was George hinting about? I think "Ben-Hur" is a given either by WA or Warner Home Video. The same with "Gone with the Wind". With Warner celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2023, and then MGM with its 100th Anniversary in 2024, I think both of those "prestige" titles will be coming out on 4K/UHD, most likely from Warner Home Video with their larger budget.

George didn't mention MPI having 65mm capability for nothing so "Around the World in 80 Days" is a WA possibility. Knowing Mr. Feltenstein's fondness for musicals, I have to think a musical is coming too whether "The Broadway Melody" and/or "The Great Ziegfeld" from Warner Archive on Blu-ray.

• The Broadway Melody
  • Cimarron
  • The Great Ziegfeld
  • The Life of Emile Zola
  • Gone with the Wind
  • Around the World in 80 Days
  • Ben-Hur
I would happily purchase any of those WA sees fit to release with improved transfers.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It ws at the beginning not at the end
1663854488173.png
It looked like this they aired it one year had the problems u discussed THEY no longer use that print (this is not the actual card)

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is no British Board of Film Censors card present at the beginning nor the end of the two Blu-rays, two DVDs and the iTunes HD digital that I have in my film library.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
There is no British Board of Film Censors card present at the beginning nor the end of the two Blu-rays, two DVDs and the iTunes HD digital that I have in my film library.
Thank u Mr C I have the two dvd releases I have multiple dvr copies from TCM === One year only TCM aired a print 2021 it was sharper and looked a ton better than ever on the title and that had the british censor card which I had NEVER seen = but it had every glitch u and others noted -- I assumed that was the print used on the blu ray - I never got that and 69.00 dollars is too much money with me not working still - that print now is no longer on TCM and they are back to the old master which looks like the old dvds thanks for checking for me now I can stop on this and just hope they re-issue the disc THANKS AGAIN! Love to all!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I wonder if George Feltenstein had anything to do with the POLTERGEIST 4K getting the original Stereo track … if so THANKS!

Really love audio upgrades when possible but really appreciate original theatrical audio provided on 4Ks and Blus. I’d prefer it to bonus material if I had to give up one over the other. (And I love commentaries and docs)

Loved hearing the recent podcast featuring George F. - I like that he mentioned (and only in regards to the HBO film library but maybe could be a future release?!) Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead… This film has always looked really bad, last DVD I watched of it years ago, image quality looked faded, and I swear the image itself looked odd. I think it could look great on BLU.

I still have my fingers crossed AFTER HOURS will get a Blu-Ray/4K. I know its been rumored to have been with Criterion for so long they probably had to ask to license it again haha. I know so many films get those 4K transfers but get trapped on a 1080p blu, but fingers crossed it After Hours is with Criterion they do a 4K / BLU combo.

Liked the discussion near the end on TV, some hints were dropped about music licensing and my mind I’m sure went to wrong thing but Knot’s Landing (I’d kill for it on BLU) Rumor is Dallas might be coming to BLU!

I’m also probably in the minority but I still have my first season set of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home on DVD. Love to see the whole series get a BLU complete series set. Loved watching that one back when Cartoon Net would play it at like 2am (this was like 23-25 yrs ago) not sure if there are other fans of the show out there.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Liked the discussion near the end on TV, some hints were dropped about music licensing and my mind I’m sure went to wrong thing but Knot’s Landing (I’d kill for it on BLU) Rumor is Dallas might be coming to BLU!

I’m also probably in the minority but I still have my first season set of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home on DVD. Love to see the whole series get a BLU complete series set. Loved watching that one back when Cartoon Net would play it at like 2am (this was like 23-25 yrs ago) not sure if there are other fans of the show out there.

Was there any other mention of other short lived programs?

--jthree

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Was there any other mention of other short lived programs?

--jthree
He didn’t mention Dallas or Knots but that was my wishful thinking….

I think there was talk of I thinkBabylon 5? (I get some of those SciFi shows confused. But no real mentions of anything 100% for sure.

Others may recall better

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I was glad to hear Mr Feltenstein mentioned the blu ray of "The Adventures of Robin Hood " needs an upgrade though sad its not in the pipeline yet. It would seem a natural for the Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary in 2023 . I imagine they are concentrating on films that have not yet made it to blu ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was glad hear Mr Feltenstein mentioned the blu ray of "The Adventures of Robin Hood " needs an upgrade though sad its not in the pipeline yet. It would seem a natural for the Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary in 2023 . I imagine they are concentrating on films that have not yet made it to blu ray.
I have a feeling it's in the Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary pipeline. At this time, GF can't confirm which specific titles are in that 2023 promotional program.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I have a feeling it's in the Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary pipeline. At this time, GF can't confirm which specific titles are in that 2023 promotional program.
Problem is they have so many great heritage title -- Does anyone think Yankee Doodle Dandy would benefit from 4K = I rememner Mr F saying that title sells like crazy.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I wonder if George Feltenstein had anything to do with the POLTERGEIST 4K getting the original Stereo track … if so THANKS!

Really love audio upgrades when possible but really appreciate original theatrical audio provided on 4Ks and Blus. I’d prefer it to bonus material if I had to give up one over the other. (And I love commentaries and docs)

Loved hearing the recent podcast featuring George F. - I like that he mentioned (and only in regards to the HBO film library but maybe could be a future release?!) Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead… This film has always looked really bad, last DVD I watched of it years ago, image quality looked faded, and I swear the image itself looked odd. I think it could look great on BLU.

I still have my fingers crossed AFTER HOURS will get a Blu-Ray/4K. I know its been rumored to have been with Criterion for so long they probably had to ask to license it again haha. I know so many films get those 4K transfers but get trapped on a 1080p blu, but fingers crossed it After Hours is with Criterion they do a 4K / BLU combo.

AFTER HOURS has Criterion Collection written all over it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And that would be just Warner films for the Warner Bros.100th Anniversary, not MGM or RKO, so next year should be very interesting.
Let’s remember that Warner Home Video with their larger budget will also be releasing titles next year and I’m pretty sure they’re not all Warner Bros. movies.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I believe what Mr Feltenstein said that only Warner Brothers movies would have some kind of marker stating it's Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary while the MGM and RKO films released in 2023 would not. In 2024 any MGM films released might have a mention of the 100th Anniversary of that studio. This in constrast to the 90th Anniversary when they had many compilations of previously released films from any film they currently owned including Warner Bros., MGM, and RKO mixed together under the banner of Warner Bros. 90th Anniversary Best of Warner Bros.
1664114932752.png

1664115032156.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe what Mr Feltenstein said that only Warner Brothers movies would have some kind of marker stating it's Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary while the MGM and RKO films released in 2023 would not. In 2024 any MGM films released might have a mention of the 100th Anniversary of that studio. This in constrast to the 90th Anniversary when they had many compilations of previously released films from any film they currently owned including Warner Bros., MGM, and RKO mixed together under the banner of Warner Bros. 90th Anniversary Best of Warner Bros.
View attachment 155070
View attachment 155071
I don’t remember him being that specific with his comments about a marker.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I don’t remember him being that specific with his comments about a marker.
I believe he said only Warner Bros. movies would be acknowledged as part of Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary celebration . It bothered him for non Warner Bros movies to be included in the celebration while also mentioning there would be new releases of MGM and RKO films during the anniversary year. I am not sure how else they would distinguish between films included in the celebration and those not included without something on the package whether it is a sticker on the plastic wrap or something on the front or back cover. That was my assumption.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe he said only Warner Bros. movies would be acknowledged as part of Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary celebration . It bothered him for non Warner Bros movies to be included in the celebration while also mentioning there would be new releases of MGM and RKO films during the anniversary year. I am not sure how else they would distinguish between films included in the celebration and those not included without something on the package whether it is a sticker on the plastic wrap or something on the front or back cover. That was my assumption.
Well, I'm going to listen to the podcast again because I remembered him saying they would concentrate on Warner titles, but that didn't mean some MGM and RKO titles won't be included next year. Furthermore, I think he was speaking about not only WA, but Warner Home Video too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks