What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (8 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm hoping that during next year's Warner's 100th Anniversary celebration that Warner Home Video releases "The Searchers" (1956) and "The Exorcist" (1973) on 4K/UHD.

Another personal favorite that probably won't make the cut next year for a Blu-ray release is "All Through the Night" (1942) besides Bogart, what a cast of actors in supporting roles.

• Conrad Veidt
  • Kaaren Verne
  • Jane Darwell
  • Frank McHugh
  • Peter Lorre
  • Judith Anderson
  • William Demarest
  • Jackie Gleason
  • Phil Silvers
  • Wallace Ford
  • Barton MacLane
  • Edward Brophy
  • Martin Kosleck
  • Ludwig Stössel
  • Irene Seidner
  • James Burke

1664370077864.png

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm hoping that during next year's Warner's 100th Anniversary celebration that Warner Home Video releases "The Searchers" (1956) and "The Exorcist" (1973) on 4K/UHD.

Another personal favorite that probably won't make the cut next year for a Blu-ray release is "All Through the Night" (1942) besides Bogart, what a cast of actors in supporting roles.

• Conrad Veidt
  • Kaaren Verne
  • Jane Darwell
  • Frank McHugh
  • Peter Lorre
  • Judith Anderson
  • William Demarest
  • Jackie Gleason
  • Phil Silvers
  • Wallace Ford
  • Barton MacLane
  • Edward Brophy
  • Martin Kosleck
  • Ludwig Stössel
  • Irene Seidner
  • James Burke

View attachment 155400
I have the HD Digital version of "All Through the Night" for over a year. It looks Great ! :D Highly Recommended !

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Speaking of great casts. How about "Executive Suite" (MGM 1954) as a Blu-ray release in 2024 for MGM's 100th Anniversary, and in its OAR?

The cast included (LtoR): Nina Foch, Walter Pidgeon, Dean Jagger, Louis Calhern, Shelley Winters, Fredric March, Barbara Stanwyck, William Holden, June Allyson and Paul Douglas. Directed by Robert Wise and written by Ernest Lehman.

1664372542076.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE

Good Morning, Everyone!

I know all of you have been anticipating an announcement from Warner concerning their November releases.

I received communication within the past hour from George Feltenstein who wanted to provide an update for everyone:

There will be no WAC new releases in November. Rather than have everyone waiting and guessing what the new November titles will be, I thought it made sense to communicate this to you, and ask that you pass this message on publicly through HTF, if you so desire. This year has been a disappointment in terms our number of releases due to many internal issues within the company. That's the bad news.

Now, the good news: Although we often have skipped December releases in the past, we will have two new releases early this December, and they couldn't be more different. Both are new HD masters from 4K scans off the original camera negatives. They are ATTACK OF THE 50 FT. WOMAN (1958) and THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA (1964). Then, come 2023, the WAC releases currently in the works number over 50 new film titles, and there will be more BD classic animation and hopefully some new TV content. 2023 will look much more like 2021 did, with a plethora of exciting releases.

I'm sending this to you, as I want our consumers to know what's going on, and I thought you could post about this and it would serve to get the word out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE

Good Morning, Everyone!

I know all of you have been anticipating an announcement from Warner concerning their November releases.

I received communication within the past hour from George Feltenstein who wanted to provide an update for everyone:

There will be no WAC new releases in November. Rather than have everyone waiting and guessing what the new November titles will be, I thought it made sense to communicate this to you, and ask that you pass this message on publicly through HTF, if you so desire. This year has been a disappointment in terms our number of releases due to many internal issues within the company. That's the bad news.

Now, the good news: Although we often have skipped December releases in the past, we will have two new releases early this December, and they couldn't be more different. Both are new HD masters from 4K scans off the original camera negatives. They are ATTACK OF THE 50 FT. WOMAN (1958) and THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA (1964). Then, come 2023, the WAC releases currently in the works number over 50 new film titles, and there will be more BD classic animation and hopefully some new TV content. 2023 will look much more like 2021 did, with a plethora of exciting releases.

I'm sending this to you, as I want our consumers to know what's going on, and I thought you could post about this and it would serve to get the word out.
Disappointing about November and 2022, however, I'm looking forward to 2023.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE

Good Morning, Everyone!

Many thanks to both Ron and George. Your respect for the forum members is greatly appreciated.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thanks Ron for sending the update. Disappointing for November, but I’m in for the December releases. Such two different titles, but both up my alley. 2023 sounds like it will be a really good year and looking forward to it.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
just in case you haven't listened yet - the latest edition of te extras

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE

Good Morning, Everyone!

That was doggone GREAT of him! Yah Mr F!!!!!!!!! Too bad no re-release though of The Bishop's Wife - guess the old dvd will have to do

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

• Conrad Veidt
  • Kaaren Verne
  • Jane Darwell
  • Frank McHugh
  • Peter Lorre
  • Judith Anderson
  • William Demarest
  • Jackie Gleason
  • Phil Silvers
  • Wallace Ford
  • Barton MacLane
  • Edward Brophy
  • Martin Kosleck
  • Ludwig Stössel
  • Irene Seidner
  • James Burke

View attachment 155400
Agree. Really good film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks