What's new

War of the Worlds - Overblown center? (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Has anyone had a problem with one particular section of WOTW and their center channel?

We've watched at least 20 movies on our new setup, all at the same level, and never run into this.

During the first scene where the tripods show up. The guy is videotaping and you hear the big horn blow. That first horn, and only that horn, causes our center channel to distort to the point where it sounds like its going to come apart.

I'm running a Definitive CLR2000 just being run off of the center channel of my Yamaha RX-V2600.

I've cranked some other stuff and never had anything like that happen, just during that one scene with the horn.

Rest of the movie sounds decent.

Thanks

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yup, I noticed that. Though it didn't sound as horrible as it seems yours did, but was definitely distorted. BTW, check the end of the WotW review thread for a few comments on it.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
It's the movie, don't sweat it.

BUT- A megabuck movie, with the best talent available to edit and mix it, should not have what is obviously a distorted signal.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Thanks. It probably sounded worse since I had it cranked :)

I did try to find a WOTW thread but could not. I saw alot of old threads but not one that corresponded to its DVD release.

You do wonder how this got past them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks