What's new

Wall mounts for JBL S-38 and S-Center (1 Viewer)

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of any decent, inexpensive wall-mount brackets for these speakers? I would like to keep the S-38's in their horizontal orientation (17.5" wide). I've seen the B-Tech brackets that everyone raves about for the S-26, but I don't want to turn my speakers on their sides. I also don't want to drill into the cabinets.

Anything for mounting the S-Centers?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
In this same vein, does anyone have their S36AW mounted on any kind of bracket? If so, what model and company did you use for this?

Right now, I have these mounted straight on the wall with the JBL screws provided, I would like to put the front on some kind of mouint that could tilt/swivel these speakers for maximum sound.

Thanks!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You can find something like this at your local hardware store. Easy to install and works really well.

The shelf material was sold seperately from the bracket, so you can buy whatever size you want and/or use two brackets on a single shelf.

When the shelf is butted up agains the wall it prevents the bracket from sliding off the T.

There are also ones designed to go in to corners that just use the T pieces and no brackets:
http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/pics/s26.jpg

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
That doesn't look very stable Dustin wouldn't you need two brackets for a speaker like the S38? I'd probably bump into it and my speaker would go "crack".

Perhaps a small bookshelf is all that would be needed. Home depot sells all kinds of hardware. I found some self drilling drywall anchors that hold 50lbs each, more than enough for an S38 on a bookshelf.

Product is called E-Z ancor by Buildex.

First put the ancor in the drywall, then screw in the fixture into the ancor, and slide the two brackets on the fixture.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I've actually bumped those pretty good and nothing has fallen off them (came up from plugging in a sub and headbunted it while one of my old KSB1.1 monitors was on it). But with a horizontal S38 or an S-Center I probably would use two of the brackets. The other option would be to use one bracket on each side and just screw a small piece of white wood onto the wall to brace each corner of the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks