What's new

Recommended Speaker Placement (1 Viewer)

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving into my new house (being built right now) sometime in November/December. I have gotten the blessing from my wife to dedicate the 'formal livingroom' area as my home theather room. These are the components that I have chosen..

JBL S-Center II
JBL S-38 II (Front Speakers)
JBL S-36 II (Surrounds)
JBL S120PII PB12 Subwoofer

Sony 40XBR800 HDTV (40" Direct-View CRT)
Kenwood VR-7080 Reciever
Sony SLV-500P (Progressive-Scan DVD/VCR Combo)

My room which all of this is going in is a perfect rectangle, measuring 12-feet by 13-feet. The room opening is along the 13-foot wall in dead center, and is only 5-feet wide (no door). The ceiling is 8-feet high and the flooring is carpeted. The TV and components are going along one 12-foot wall, and the couch will be centered up and directly against the opposing 12-foot wall.

If at all possible without sacrificing sound quality, I do not want to wall mount any of my speakers. I can buy floor stand that will hold the speakers I have chosen and still look very nice. What I need from you guys/gals is to take into consideration my setup, and tell me what would be the best placement for these speakers? I need everything from height, spacing and angle of the speakers.

I really appreciate anyone who is willing to take the time to help me out here. I am so stoked about getting this all put together and just don't want to goof it up. Thanks!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Take a look a www.dolby.com . There is some really good info on proper placement. You're going to end up having to balance the "Best" placement options with your location preference though. The ideal position for each speaker may not fit into your plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks