What's new

Walking Dead Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don’t know the protocol regarding casting announcements, but one of the player’s contract is apparently up and they are moving on, so they probably will need an exit soon.

Maggie, unless things changed since she was filming a pilot.

A more recent story says they believe this person will be back.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think Rick is the only untouchable one, and even with him I could see Andrew Lincoln wanting to move on to other projects.

I was listening to the Jeffrey Dean Morgan interview on Stern this week and while he didn't say anything specific, it didn't sound like he wants to be doing this show for too long given the grueling shoots. He also said he agrees with the people complaining about the darkness of the scenes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I don’t know the protocol regarding casting announcements, but one of the player’s contract is apparently up and they are moving on, so they probably will need an exit soon.

Maggie, unless things changed since she was filming a pilot.

A more recent story says they believe this person will be back.

Don't know the filming schedule, but it's certainly not all year. Cast members could take other roles when there are breaks. The main cast is probably very well paid, so they'll stay around.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
So why can a show like The Expanse drop the f bomb at will on SYFY but walking dead can’t on AMC ?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So why can a show like The Expanse drop the f bomb at will on SYFY but walking dead can’t on AMC ?
They could but since The Walking Dead has a huge audience so the whole world would notice and there'd be complaints ("I was watching this extremely violent show with my kid and they said 'Fuck'. How do I explain that to him?!") and threats of boycotts, etc.

As an aside, I believe they even said the f-word last year on Fear The Walking Dead.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since Negan killed Glenn and Abraham a year and a half ago, I've been very curious to see what the reaction to the resolution of the Negan story would be. It worked in the comic book (for me anyway) but I don't think it's going to go down well in live action with the audience. Then again, those viewers are being 'represented' by Maggie, Daryl and Jesus.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought it was a halfway decent episode (relatively speaking) right up until that scene with Maggie in her "throne". I get her reaction and opposition, but to have her with some secret meeting about it right after it all went down didn't make much sense. I guess part of the problem is I never really bought Maggie as a leader either.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a halfway decent episode (relatively speaking) right up until that scene with Maggie in her "throne". I get her reaction and opposition, but to have her with some secret meeting about it right after it all went down didn't make much sense.
Yeah, I didn't really like that either. To be fair, that might just be a story element that gets worked out fairly early on but I hope they aren't actually going down the road of having 'Rick & his side vs. Maggie & her side' as the main story for next year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I can finally quit the show, more or less, now. If I pick it back up next season, it's only because I'm bored. :LOL!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, I didn't really like that either. To be fair, that might just be a story element that gets worked out fairly early on but I hope they aren't actually going down the road of having 'Rick & his side vs. Maggie & her side' as the main story for next year.
I also thought it was out of character for Maggie and Jesus. At a minimum I would think they would at least "talk it out" with Rick. And hell, if I was in her shoes and heard the plan was to let him rot in a cell for the rest of his life I might like that idea better than killing him.

One question on the Morgan cross-over. I stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead at some point last season, but I was under the impression they were way behind, time-wise, to where The Walking Dead is. But it seems Morgan's time there will be post-Walking Dead timeline. Did 'Fear' jump in time at some point since last season?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They should have played The Andy Griffith Show whistling theme during the flashback of Rick and Carl walking down the road together and just ended the series right there.

I get why they didn't kill Negan. It tied in with the ultimate theme of the season which is that Carl's death and last wishes prevented Rick from just becoming the cold blooded killer he was turning into. But it will be hugely unsatisfying and feel like a complete betrayal to the fans of the show who were emotionally manipulated through the season toward that expectation.

My son and I both saw the Eugene bad bullet plot coming a mile away. Otherwise, why even focus so much on the bullet-making operation at all, which just seemed such a random tangent? But Eugene just stands there beside Negan after the misfire, and you'd think the guy would beat his brains out immediately.

The Maggie rebellion plot is completely gratuitous. It's just setting up that she will either be killed or exiled in the first episode of the next season since she is already leaving the show to star in another series.

Are we done with Morgan yet? I didn't watch the other series, but because of the time difference does he show up for that one in between the time he was missing on this one? Which means there will be zero character arc within that next show since it will just be a snapshot in time of his character before going wiggy in the current show. Don't get it.

At least the didn't kill Dwight. The only interesting character this season.

My biggest issue with the show this season is just how self important it took itself with all the supposedly profound speeches by the characters, which ultimately just served to stall or delay any plot movement or action. At some point the show-runners of this series forgot they were adapting a simply entertaining comic book and just took themselves way too seriously, as if they had something so important to pontificate on about the fate of the human species.

NO. You were a comic book; you were a GOOD comic book. Just keep making wild twists and turns and keep the plot moving and the characters turning over and have fun with the ultimately silly premise of the whole thing and take us along for that ride. Be proud to be a not-too-deep comic book! We all love those, too.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I also thought it was out of character for Maggie and Jesus. At a minimum I would think they would at least "talk it out" with Rick. And hell, if I was in her shoes and heard the plan was to let him rot in a cell for the rest of his life I might like that idea better than killing him.
I agree. In the comic book, the scene with Rick talking to Negan telling him they're going to leave him in jail is, in my mind, much more of a vengeful act. TV Rick just seems to lay out the facts but comic book Rick was basically telling Negan that the world was going to get better and he wasn't going to get to be a part of it.

One question on the Morgan cross-over. I stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead at some point last season, but I was under the impression they were way behind, time-wise, to where The Walking Dead is. But it seems Morgan's time there will be post-Walking Dead timeline. Did 'Fear' jump in time at some point since last season?
I haven't watched it yet but Fear got a new showrunner (the same guy who has been running The Walking Dead for the last 4 or 5 years) this season so I assume there's been a time jump after last season. That show needed a new direction so moving the timeline up and having new characters, locations & scenarios is probably going to be a good move.

EDIT: I watched it and yeah, there's a time jump (must be more than a year) from the end of the previous season of Fear The Walking Dead and this season.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So, so very dumb. Left unexplored:
Lucille.
The helicopters
Gregory
Nothing more than guess but I think the helicopter- like the vinyl record lady who had the book for restarting civilization- was probably something that was introduced with the intention that they'd get back to it in the next season. Gregory probably had a scene that ended up on the cutting room floor.

And much like 007, Lucille will have to return. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have seen enough. I liked the Eugene twist, but other than that I was extremely disappointed in the outcome.

Maggie, Daryl, seriously?
If they have an issue---Just leave, and start fresh!
It just screams drama for the sake of drama, and that to me feels lazy, and uninspired story telling.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I wonder if the first episode of “Beware The Walking Dead” for season 4 should be part of the Season 8 blu ray set for “The Walking Dead” as well. It has much more to do with the original series than the spin off.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I find both series of “Walking Dead” have some of the most mumbly actors ever put on TV. We are constantly re-playing dialogue trying to figure out what was said. I usually play the entire thing with subtitles on disc.

For instance, were they talking about a huge hord in a next valley or just admiring the view? This was hard to see on my 65” flat screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks