What's new

Walking Dead Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Actually liked Jayne Atkinson in the recent episode. She usually plays those power b***h roles. Loved it when "The Reaper" got her on Criminal Minds, but she was pretty good in this show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just see Simon’s betrayal, Carl’s wishes for the future, and now Negan’s ride with Jadis (don’t know where that’s going yet) as the writers adding up reasons it will be okay when Rick decides to let Negan live. Finding out he wasn’t so ruthless against the garbage people is part of their sales pitch to the audience.

If redacted name’s pilot episode makes it to series, that’s one more obstacle to Negan’s redemption out of the way.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I really hope trash lady doesn't side with Negan now.

I really hope trash lady "Jadis" become more of a major character. Also hope Simon goes away after what he did to her group. Negan doesn't know it yet, but he'll find out. ;)

And please get rid of Gregory, such a worthless wimp.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So confused. Negan's car flipped? Turns out the latest episode is still unwatched, on the DVR. It's been a tough week :blink: I'll catch up. I just watched last week's "Survivor".

DVRs are dangerous, can turn us all into couch potatoes, there is so much to watch. Haven't even started "The Alienest", eight episodes just waiting.

I wouldn't bother (watching The Alienist). It looks fabulous at times with beautiful period shots and scores of costumed extras, but it's a boring mess. And it's been so long since I've read the book, I have no idea if it's faithful to it or not. Either way, it just didn't work.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't bother (watching The Alienist). It looks fabulous at times with beautiful period shots and scores of costumed extras, but it's a boring mess. And it's been so long since I've read the book, I have no idea if it's faithful to it or not. Either way, it just didn't work.

I'll try a few episodes. The previews make it look really good, but I'll see how it goes. Not in the mood to get attached to a show that's disappointing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I actually thought this week's episode was one of the better action ones. There was a balance between the scenes of action and the talking so the action didn't just come off as going on and on like some of the episodes early in the season. Granted, accepting that the Saviors would be stupid enough to walk right up to the house so the good guys could spring their trap was tough to buy but what the hell.

It sucks that Tobin died. I'm guessing most people don't even remember the character but I always like the average guy characters and he's been on the series since Rick & company got Alexandria so he's been around for literally half of the show's run now.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I was starting to like the episode, but there were just too many WTF moments:

The stupid kid opening the pen gate to interrogate the prisoners, as if he couldn't do it from outside.

The wounded hilltop people turning so quickly, and without any fever period.

A zombie falling down the stairs and waking... nobody.

Simon's group moving in a big nice stupid tight herd across the lawn just begging for a surprise trap slaughter.

AMC listing this as a two-hour airing on the onscreen guide so when you recorded, you actually got the first episode of The Terror. (Actually that was pretty clever, and we enjoyed The Terror more than this episode).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Simon's group moving in a big nice stupid tight herd across the lawn just begging for a surprise trap slaughter.
Not to mention seemingly none of them actually getting shot. How does Simon, front and center of the group, avoid taking a single shot?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I actually thought this week's episode was one of the better action ones. There was a balance between the scenes of action and the talking so the action didn't just come off as going on and on like some of the episodes early in the season. Granted, accepting that the Saviors would be stupid enough to walk right up to the house so the good guys could spring their trap was tough to buy but what the hell.

It sucks that Tobin died. I'm guessing most people don't even remember the character but I always like the average guy characters and he's been on the series since Rick & company got Alexandria so he's been around for literally half of the show's run now.

Always liked Tobin. Also Spencer, Tovah Feldshuh's Deanna characters son. But as we've all learned, this cast, other than a few major characters is always being eliminated.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention seemingly none of them actually getting shot. How does Simon, front and center of the group, avoid taking a single shot?

That was the scene that actually made me laugh. You have a row of machine guns from the second floor mansion firing full force into Simon, and co., and the simply turn around, and run. Apparently none of them got hit by a single bullet, and they were on the front line.

I am legitimately puzzled by this;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can kinda forgive the scene of the Saviors going up to the house because at some point, they were going to have to advance on the house (and better to do immediately rather than wait and give the Hilltop people time to regroup) but they should have staged the scene so that the Saviors at least tried to go at the house from the sides where there's less windows. That way, the scene would have played out basically the same with the good guys repelling the Saviors but them not looking really dumb in the process.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Watched the recording after it aired. Was surprised it was a special 2-hour episode. The first half was okay, but that second half with the British people on the ships was really freakin' awesome!

I kept waiting for that kid that got sick & died to turn into a walker.

Last edited:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
And Rick DID hit Negan with the bat in that brawl, so if, by the convenient new logic of the show, a cut with that bat infects someone, Negan is now infected and will slowly turn. I would find that a clever and satisfying turn of events. I doubt the showrunners will follow through on that logic and give us that much more original payoff.
Didn't Rick hit him with it after setting it on fire with lighter fluid? If so, wouldn't that kill all the Zombie "bugs" off the bat, so Negan wouldn't necessarily be infected?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Didn't Rick hit him with it after setting it on fire with lighter fluid? If so, wouldn't that kill all the Zombie "bugs" off the bat, so Negan wouldn't necessarily be infected?

LOL. Man, we are really overthinking this.

I just thought it would have been a very poetic 'eventual' end to Negan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks