What's new

"Wake of Death" - Anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Chris Joyner

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this is anamorphic? It's a Sony Columbia TriStar release, but the back cover says it is letterbox. This is a new Van Damme movie that I heard was pretty good, I just don't want to watch it if it is not. Thanks.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid the back of the cover is indeed correct.The film isn't anamorphic.I was very dissapointed when i noticed this,i couldn't believe that they would still release a new film on dvd without it being anamorphic.That said,i didn't find the quality suffered too much when i zoomed it up to fill the screen and i certainly thought the movie was much better that some of the recent Van Damme efforts like In Hell and Derailed.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Are you sure stephen? It played just fine on my widescreen set.Looked anamorphic to me. :confused:

Luis S

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm 100% positive that it's not anamoprphic.I just double checked it incase i was mistaken but definately not anamorphic ,even say on the back of the box 1.78:1 4x3 letterbox.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Looked like 2.35:1 Anamorphic to me (can't positively remember). Will have to double check. Anyone else?

Not sure if I trust C/T packaging lately. :)

Christian

Luis S

Supporting Actor

Thats what Im saying. When I watched it ,the image was fine. It was proportioned and clear as it should be. Sounds like mislabling to me as well. Decent flick btw. :emoji_thumbsup:

Later,

Luis S

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Stephen, are you watching the region 1 or region 2 release? Perhaps they're different.

Stander, which Sony released a few weeks ago, did not say anamorphic on the case but it actually was. One of the screeners I have for next week's releases (I think it's Silver City) also doesn't say anamorphic on the back, but I haven't checked it yet. They may just be getting sloppy with the packaging.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Checked the DVD, and it's indeed non-anamorphic. However the aspect ratio looks more like 1.85:1

Anyone else?

Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks