DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Title: Road House (2024)

Tagline: Take it outside.

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Billy Magnussen, Daniela Melchior, Travis Van Winkle, Arturo Castro, Lukas Gage, Beau Knapp, Conor McGregor, B.K. Cannon, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Dominique Columbus, Bob Menery, Hannah Love Lanier, Joaquim de Almeida, Darren Barnet, Kevin Carroll, J. D. Pardo, Jessica Williams, Jay Hieron, Jonathan Kowalsky, Catfish Jean, Craig Ng, Adam Rivette

Release: 2024-03-08

Runtime: 114

Plot: Ex-UFC fighter Dalton takes a job as a bouncer at a Florida Keys roadhouse, only to discover that this paradise is not all it seems.

Will you all judge me if I say I want to see the new Jake Gyllenhaal “Roadhouse” movie? There is no reason for this remake. It should be terrible. And I watched the trailer and I loved it and have to see it now.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bubble Boy goes UFC? Sure, why not? Won’t cost me anything to give it a try.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I feel like this should have Keanu Reeves as lead. Except he's got John Wick, so obviously not going to be him. Maybe Henry Cavil?

I have nothing against Jake G, and he's good in the trailer, but I'm not 100% convinced he's got the right charisma for the role.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As much as I love the original Road House having seen it in the movie theater during its theatrical run and owning the expensive Vinegar Syndrome 4K/UHD. This is a remake of a "bad" movie so it's going to be a "bad" movie too. With that said, "bad" movies are among my favorite kind of movies that can be highly entertaining which the first one was and judging by the trailer, this one will be too.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I feel like this should have Keanu Reeves as lead. Except he's got John Wick, so obviously not going to be him. Maybe Henry Cavil?

I have nothing against Jake G, and he's good in the trailer, but I'm not 100% convinced he's got the right charisma for the role.
I think he’ll be fine. I enjoy his roles. I just think it’s funny that the actor who was Bubble Boy and Donnie Darko is so ripped now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
All male actors are ripped now. :) Season 3 of Dear White People was when it really fully hit me that even smaller shoe supporting actors now feel they have to be ripped. Though I should have realized it earlier in Season 3 of The Good Place with Chidi’s shirtless scene.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
OK, I'll confess I've judged everybody in this thread.

The proper response to a film like this is to call it trash, say you will never watch it, then never tell anybody that you watched it.

And then claim that you are totally ripped like Jake, even though you never saw him in this movie. You just heard he was ripped in it. But really, you never saw it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
For some reason, and I don't know why, I thought that was former NFL QB Ryan Fitzpatrick in the trailer.

If Ryan is not in this movie, well, he should be.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As much as I love the original Road House having seen it in the movie theater during its theatrical run and owning the expensive Vinegar Syndrome 4K/UHD. This is a remake of a "bad" movie so it's going to be a "bad" movie too.
That highlights my problem with setting out to make bad movies though- it needs to be organic. The '89 Road House is funny because they thought they were making an action movie and not a bad action movie.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That highlights my problem with setting out to make bad movies though- it needs to be organic. The '89 Road House is funny because they thought they were making an action movie and not a bad action movie.

If I were making this, my goal would be to make it as offensive as possible, to as many people as possible, while reveling in the idea that men love beating the living shit out of other men while other men love watching men beating the living shit out of other men. Then at the end of the movie, all the characters have a truly wonderful massive bout of vomiting together while a crowd of naked women watch in apparent delight.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I’m a little surprised I know who he is.

I saw one of his fights but the thing I remember him most for was he was at a sporting event as a special guest, he got really drunk, and when the time came for him to do whatever it was they wanted him to do, the team mascot came over to pretend to fight with him and Conor punched the mascot in the face knocking him out...for real.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
As much as I love the original Road House having seen it in the movie theater during its theatrical run and owning the expensive Vinegar Syndrome 4K/UHD. This is a remake of a "bad" movie so it's going to be a "bad" movie too. With that said, "bad" movies are among my favorite kind of movies that can be highly entertaining which the first one was and judging by the trailer, this one will be too.
Road house is a great movie, for a certain definition of great movie. :)

Can a remake of a bad-but-good movie be good? Seems unlikely, and yet I feel compelled to find out personally.

Kitchenman1967

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth Benedict
I'm in if it's anything like the first one with Patrick Swayzie. Road House is one of my faves, and it might be hard to top. There's only one Dalton.

Attachments

• 324569_back (1).jpg
    324569_back (1).jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 102

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So here is Conor promoting his new perfume "Stink" and in the process knocking out the Miami Heat mascot and punching him again while he was down. Poor person in the mascot outfit should have sued his ass off.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks