What's new

WAC releasing Never So Few on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another childhood favorite on Blu-ray.

NEVER SO FEW (1959)
NEW 2018 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 124:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1- English
16 X 9 LETTERBOX, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1
COLOR
BD 50
Special Features: Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Frank Sinatra told the director to give the newcomer a break. John Sturges (The Great Escape) obliged, providing favorable camera angles for Sinatra’s young costar. In his first big-budget film, Steve McQueen was ready to grab the movie world’s attention.

McQueen plays Bill Ringa, one of the O.S.S. combatants harassing the enemy in World War II Burma. Sinatra is Capt. Tom Reynolds, leading the guerilla fighters and risking court-martial while doing so. Also among Never So Few’s many are Charles Bronson, Peter Lawford and, in her first Hollywood film, Gina Lollobrigida. About McQueen, the New York Herald Tribune’s reviewer wrote, “He possesses that combination of smooth-rough charm that suggests star possibilities.” A star is born in Never So Few.

View attachment 47929

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This was Steve McQueen's break out film after "The Blob" due to Frank being pissed off at Sammy.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Four for four for me. But I am concerned about DARK OF THE SUN, which I pine for more than for any of this month's titles. I know WB said it was coming, but...

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Four for four for me. But I am concerned about DARK OF THE SUN, which I pine for more than for any of this month's titles. I know WB said it was coming, but...
Same here.....I did ask WAC on Facebook last month about the status. They responded that the release was still coming but no release date set. It's unusual, I can't remember them ever announcing an upcoming title and then not releasing it pretty soon thereafter.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Update: They just responded on Twitter today to another person's question about DOTS. Here's the exchange:

Question: Is Dark of the Sun still heading to Blu-Ray this summer?

WAC: Yes! We ran into some issues with it but it's still coming. Stay Tuned.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Added HTF Pre-order Link to the first post and this one in this thread.

View attachment 47929

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks