What's new

W.B. Please consider putting deleted scenes on the Police Academy DVD's (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dear Warner,

Now that we know that Police Academy movies are heading towards DVD finally(BIG THANK-YOU)
It would be nice for us Police Academy fans to have the deleted scenes on the DVD's as extras or as seemless branching.

These deleted scenes have been seen several times when ever Police Academy films are played on TV.

POLICE ACADEMY

after the cadets are laughing at Lt. Harris about his accident in the horse wagon, there is extra footage. Harris says to the cadets just before graduation "I'm going to cut you. I swear it." After that, Thompson is now not sure of going to the prom with Mahoney. She thinks he has "done enough already" (caused trouble).

POLICE ACADEMY 2

A scene with Mahoney (Steve Guttenberg) and Schtulman (Peter Van Norden) chasing muggers in a park with the aid of Schtulman's dog.

Hightower being mistaken as a female meter maid.

Fackler (Bruce Mahler) returning from the gas station restroom to find his squad car vandalized and his partner Dooley (Ed Herlihy) locked in the trunk.

Instead of the movie ending with Tackleberry (David Graf) and Kirkland's (Colleen Camp) wedding, we see Sweetchuck (Tim Kazurinsky) and Zed (Bob Goldthwait) enrolling into the Police Academy and Zed is told by Commandant Lassard (George Gaynes) that he's going to need a haircut, much to Zed's dismay

POLICE ACADEMY 3

Jones doing his karate skills just before the scene in the Gymnasium

After Mauser tells Blanks and Copeland what to do,it continues on the rooftop.Mauser's car gets stolen, and a scene with him falling into a trash container

Mauser comes into the police department

Cmdt. Lassard, Mahoney, Blanks and Copeland talking about the training for the new recruits

Tackleberry taking out his chainsaw to get down a child sitting on a tree who has to go to school

Cadet Adams accidently helping three thiefs rob a store

Bud Kirkland shooting in the air with a rifle because Hightower drove the car over a bump

Extra scene with the Cadets talking in the Control room after Hooks explains them how to work the computers

Jones talking with his nephew

Blanks telling the Cadets their mistakes

Mauser watching his new recruits in Weapons Handling

Proctor being embarrased by a truckdriver while stopping at a red light naked in his car

After we see Tackleberry asking the old Lady if she can identify her quarter, a few scenes later we see him giving her the money and telling her to mail the rest back

Jones stops in the middle of the road because a truck is standing in his way. While he and Nugata wait there, their cars gasoline is being stolen by a guy who sucks it out with a hose.

A scene with Jones and Nugata telling Adams they can't do their mission and she'd have to send Mahoney to do it

Mahoney, Cmdt. Lassard and Adams arriving late at a crime scene

POLICE ACADEMY 4

Mahoney trying to impress Sharon Stone's character by using his radio and saying "Attention all cars! Attention all cars! Gee, I love saying that!" Sweetchuck arresting Randall Tex Cobb's character in a comic book shop and getting dragged down a flight of stairs as Cobb tries to get away from him.

While he's getting dragged Sweetchuck shouts wearily "You have.....the right... to remain silent!"

Mahoney driving his police car on 2 wheels at night; reprising a scene from the 1st Police Academy movie.

Sharon Stone (Claire Mattson) and Steve Guttenberg (Mahoney) that is not in the theatrical version or the video version. In this added scene, Mahoney comes over to Claire's house to chat with her for a bit and check up on the dog, Clarance.

POLICE ACADEMY 5

One scene had Captain Harris and Lieutenant Proctor arriving at the hotel in Miami with a goat they had on their airplane.
One scene occurs in the Police showcase area where people are trying out various items such as pepper spray, handcuffs, and bulletproof car shields;
Tony is seen talking to a friend of his named Larry. He tries to get Larry to talk Commandant Lassard into giving him the camera with the stolen diamonds in it by telling him a story of how his dead wife had a camera just like the one Lassard's carrying.
Feeling pity for him, Lassard is about to hand Larry the camera until Larry asks "is there anything I could do for you in return". Lassard says yes and has Larry take an official Police fingerprint identification test.
Larry's discovered to be "a known fellon" and he runs off without the camera. Tony and his goons walk casually away followed by Tony getting upset and hitting a police car shield with his hand and hurting it.

POLICE ACADEMY 6

One scene shows Nick Lassard arresting a lady for acting as a car valet so that she can steal cars. The lady is caught but tries to bribe Nick into letting her go; "I can really make it worth your while".
Nick apologizes saying she's a nice girl but he can't break the rules in his position as a police officer.
One scene has Fackler mopping up a water jug spill from Harris in a previous scene followed by Commandant Lassard receiving a call informing him that the Wilson Heights Gang just robbed the Wilson Heights Bank.

The scene ends with Proctor attempting to dry Harris' wet clothes by fanning him with a posterboard.
One scene has the Police Academy team making a phone call to the Mayor about the Wilson Heights gang having the blueprints to shut down all the power to the city.

The scene channges to show the Mayor discussing his thoughts to the officers followed by his making a secret deal with Captain Harris. In the scene where Jones is performing impressions at the Comedy Pub, there's an added scene of him asking if the mike is real and then doing an impression of "garbage trucks passing by at 5 a.m." where he makes a small rumbling sound to resemble a truck then makes it louder by adding screeches and then screaming in the voice of the garabage men, "YEEEEEEHA!!!!!!! WAKE UP STUPID!!!!"

One scene has Hooks trying to find a little boy's dog named Pokey. She looks down an alley and sees a small patch of fur and says in her tiny voice "Pokey?". The dog doesn't come out so she then shouts, "YOU COME OUT NOW YOU MANGY MUTT!!!!". When the dog comes out, it's revealed that he's gigantic! Hook's grabs him and yelps, "YOU'RE POKEY?!". She puts a leash around the dog but the dog drags her around the sidewalk.

THANK-YOU!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I second that! Also, if you can, a widescreen release of the first Police Academy film would be much appreciated.

After Mauser tells Blanks and Copeland what to do,it continues on the rooftop.Mauser's car gets stolen, and a scene with him falling into a trash container
"Don't just stand there! Shoot me!"

Damn, that list brings back memories.

James L White

Supporting Actor
Let me add to the list of those who wnated deleted scenes, also OAR on 2-6 and aWS transfer of part 1 or no sale!!!!!!!

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Wow.. Some of those are familiar but most of them are not!!

I've been waiting for the Police Academy box set since 1999 when I started my DVD collection. A set that was OAR and contained all of these deleted scenes (esp if they were branched in a "extended" cut) would be great!!!!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Please listen Warner!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Megan,

Nice to know there is another die hard Police Academy fan in Vegas.
I'm so ready for the set to come out so I can do a 7 movie marathon(even though & sucks big time) on the tues it comes out:)

Instead of the movie ending with Tackleberry (David Graf) and Kirkland's (Colleen Camp) wedding, we see Sweetchuck (Tim Kazurinsky) and Zed (Bob Goldthwait) enrolling into the Police Academy and Zed is told by Commandant Lassard (George Gaynes) that he's going to need a haircut, much to Zed's dismay
I especially want this scene added back into Police Academy 2, because it gave the fans a hint that Zed was coming back for part 3..plus it's funny

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
here is another who would be interested in loads of extra features on these classics
I am also interested in loads of extra features on the Police Academy DVD's.

I will purchase all seven Police Academy movies on DVD but only if they are released on DVD in Anamporphic Widescreen (I never purchased the first Police Academy movie on DVD because it wasn't in Widescreen.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks