What's new

VTF-3 Will this work well with my 4 jbl s38's and s center? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I want to buy a good sub as I dont plan to upgrade anytime soon after purchase. Will the VTF-3 be a good combo with my 4 jbl s38's and s-center setup?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Todd - any sub, with careful room integration and REFERERENCE Calibration will work wit your 4 JLB S38's and S-Center setup.

Logic dictates, that the overall 20 Hz to 20 kHz spectrum will be handled with your sub/HT speaker combination.

AV Receiver handles the x-over - you didn't mention the model, so let me use my Yamaha fixed 90 Hz as an example:

VTH-3: from lowest usable Hz - 90 Hz

JBL HT: 90 Hz - 20 kHz.

So from 90 Hz on down, any good / great sub will work. But you have to do the required careful room integration and REF Calibration to blend it seamlessly w/your JBLs.

Phil

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
VTF-3 will work great (provided like Phil said you set it up properly, but that is true of any sub). Another option you can consider is the Adire Dharman for a little less bass at less cost. Or you could try an Adire Allignment Tempest from Acoustic Visions (little more money than Dharman, less than VTF3) with more bass. An Adire allignment Tempest should be on par with an SVS Ultra. I'm currently running something similar to an Adire Alignment Tempest with JBL Studio series.

And as always, unless you don't like the cylinder look plenty of SVS options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks