What's new

VSAC coming (1 Viewer)

AllanRW

Second Unit

And will have Danny from GR as well nice to meet him.
And take a few things for us to do after hrs.

Just have to have a mile long list for customs.

Al
Spires, new center design in the works as you can see.

AllanRW

Second Unit
Not including the garage.
Stacked with Spires,Elf and Super Elf cabinet.over 200 cabinets then well the Lock miter sub kits.Over 40 of those .
That is a sore back.

:)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Oh my god that is so gorgeous. I would just bring in a sleeping bag so I could wake up to that many speakers. :D

AllanRW

Second Unit
Ya a lot out of pic range as well.
Never mind the line using 16 W3-319S1 G1 and Hypex, a few Criterions ect ect ect.

That is why the wife said.
OK enough is enough
FINISH THE BASEMENT.Yes now I get the basement will have a test room demo room and HT room.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Just curious...but would you have any idea on how the superELFs would match up to Paradigm studio 40s? I'm still waiting to have the money for the matching surrounds, but maybe in the meantime, I can get something better than these quintets, which really don't match at all.

Sorry for the OT post.

AllanRW

Second Unit
Joe.
All I can say is the SE is a very good surround for the money.
Will it match,well the detail out of the 871 is not questioned once you listen to them.And drop only 4db at 30dgrs off axis as well.

The metal domes you have will have a little brighter sound over the SE but if you deside to go that way let me know and I can adjust the 871S to make it a little brighter in the top end with just a resitor change which you can even do yourself.

But even the tube guy that never listened to them before were stunned at the out put of 2 3" drivers.

Attached is the Super Elf responce.Darn 3" go past 25K
Al

TimForman

Supporting Actor
VSAC is the Vacuum State of the Art Conference and Show. This was the 4th year it's been held. It's mostly about tube based audio gear and single full-range driver loudspeaker systems. Not exclusively though, as there were demos for digital mods to CD, SACD, DAT, etc. Also, there were several multi-driver loudspeaker systems. You're right in that it is a DIY conference and show. Due to the nature of the technology presented there it pertains little to home theater although I'm sure that a few tube amps, full ranger based loudspeakers and a TQWT sub would make for a pretty exciting HT setup. Here's a link to what I saw.
VSAC 2003

CarlDais

Stunt Coordinator
VSAC 2003 has come & gone....it was a great time.
A great variety of gear, music & inidviduals.

As Tim said it was TUBE BASED gear....many SET
and higher efficiency type speakers.

DIY and commerical/retail products were well
represented.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks