What's new

VistaVision--film by film chat and vote (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Artists and Models & Hollywood or Bust have been released in Australia. Does anyone have these and could they comment on the image quality?
One review for both titles on Amazon.au. I guess I’ll wait:

Critical Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars
Reviewed in Australia on 15 August 2020
Upgrade to the Shock Blu Ray?
Sad to say, l took the gamble... wasn’t worth it... it’s a sham and a shame... the print and sound quality is identical to their DVD release of a year earlier. Save your money.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
3 Ring Circus is a 1954 film comedy starring
703270cb_3ring2.jpg
What a great flashback this photo has provided. Through these pink cut-out cardboards, I gained my Free Passes to a weekly movie at my local theater. The manager would sit me down at his office desk, indicate to me the size advertisement he wanted, hand me a pair of scissors to cut the selection from the larger sheet, place ‘em in an envelope; and off I’d go up the hill and four blocks away, to our local newspaper; which was across the street from The Boy’s Club of America.

In any given week, there would be multiple ads selected from many pink sheets; as our movies would change on Sundays and Wednesdays; with Saturday/Sunday “Kidee Matinees”. The manager would let me keep the remainders of each pink sheet, as I had begun - stop the presses - my very first collection in connection to anything that had to do with the movies.

I still have these pink cardboards boxed away, somewhere. “The Red Tent”, “Plaza Suite”, “A New Leaf”, “Darby O’ Gill and the Little People”, “The Andromeda Strain”, “Willard”, “The Omega Man”, “Chisum, “Let It Be”, “Darling Lili”, “Summer of ‘42”, “Star!”, “Patton”, “Gone with the Wind” (which boasted a 70mm presentation; even though this theater wasn’t equipped for it), “Doctor Zhivago” and yes...”Ryan’s Daughter”, too.

A second-run house that has provided first-rate memories. It was the Cinema Paradiso of my youth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks