What's new

Video is skipping... (1 Viewer)

Kevin H

Agent
As of a few days ago, certain video files started skipping while playing on my computer (WinXP, 1.2 GHz, 256 MB RAM). Divx files play fine, but WMV files look like they're alternating black frames with the actual video frame and the video is unwatchable. The audio, however, is just fine.

I redownloaded the newest Direct X and the newest Windows Media Player (9), and the problem is still not solved.

BTW, this happens while streaming (like at espn.com) and while playing files from the hard drive. Do you have any idea why WMV files would be skipping like that?

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
From my experience, .WMV files seem to be alot more memory intensive. Don't know why. Bad encoding? Bad compression? not sure. But take a loot at your media player in the Tak Manager and see how much memory it sucks up vs divx movies. You can also bump the processing up on media player in task manager, this may help smooth things out as well.

KC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks