What's new

VERY Basic Comcast/Motorola DVR Question (1 Viewer)

Ron Katcher

Agent
I just started getting the Comcast DVR service, using a Motorola DCT-6412/2005 box. Prior to getting DVR, my remotes would always turn on and off both the TV and the digital cable box.

Am I correct now that with DVR, I should be leaving the DVR box on at all times in order to record scheduled shows?

Thanks,

Ron

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Check your owner's manual. I have a Scientific Atlanta cable box from Comcast (formerly Adelphia), not a Motorola. My SA box never really turns "off". When you hit the power button it goes into standby and reduces power consumption, but the hard drive continues to spin and are the tuners are still working, so the unit continues to record.

Regards,

Joe

Ron Katcher

Agent
Thanks, Joe. I could not find anything in the manual or FAQ on this question. I did note that if you try to turn the unit off (i.e. put it in standyby) while it is recording, it returns a message on the screen that the desired action-- if taken-- will cancel the recording option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks