What's new

VCI Press Release: New Releases June 5, 2012 (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
FLAME OVER INDIA will be a blind buy for me. I'm not too thrilled about VCI handling it but it's gotta be better than any previous home video version. A youtube clip of the film looked worse than VHS. VCI is also releasing a film called Rome Express - never heard of it but also sounds interesting.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
elDomenechHTF said:
FLAME OVER INDIA will be a blind buy for me. I'm not too thrilled about VCI handling it but it's gotta be better than any previous home video version. A youtube clip of the film looked worse than VHS. VCI is also releasing a film called Rome Express - never heard of it but also sounds interesting.
MGM released FLAME OVER INDIA on R1 DVD a few years ago, and it was enhanced anamorphic widescreen and looked quite good; the other U.S. releases of it prior to that were faded, rough-looking pan & scan eyesores. My guess is VCI's will be the same transfer as MGM's (like other Rank titles previously released on DVD by MGM), though the Blu will possibly have some added clarity. Great adventure/suspense movie, well worth seeing.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Peter M Fitzgerald said:
MGM released FLAME OVER INDIA on R1 DVD a few years ago, and it was enhanced anamorphic widescreen and looked quite good; the other U.S. releases of it prior to that were faded, rough-looking pan & scan eyesores. My guess is VCI's will be the same transfer as MGM's (like other Rank titles previously released on DVD by MGM), though the Blu will possibly have some added clarity. Great adventure/suspense movie, well worth seeing.
Yeah MGM released it under the title "Northwest Frontier" just a couple years ago and it is a very nice transfer of a very good film but no need to upgrade unless the blu-ray was exceptional.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
It doesn't look like FLAME OVER INDIA made the street date (today) since Amazon hasn't shipped my copy and now it says "Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks" - normally a sign that it's on backorder. I cancelled the order anyway, in hopes of finding a cheaper copy somewhere else whenever it shows up. $17.99 is a bit steep for VCI.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
VCI seems to have trouble releasing blu-rays on time. I had the same thing happen to Campbell's Kingdom last year. Expect to wait another week or two before it actually gets shipped.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
elDomenechHTF said:
New date for "FLAME OVER INDIA" - June 21st.
This is the one I'd really like, I saw it in the late 50's when I was 8 (I think), what a great adventure movie, but I have a horrible feeling it might be locked to region A, & I'm not getting into this multi-region machine lark, so fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks