What's new

Mexican Aztec Mummy Trilogy Box set in Blu ray...from VCI - Coming soon!! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
VCI does not care.
Here is the thing. If any of the movies have been on TV in the last 15 years. By law, they must have CC-Closed Caption on them. That means that about 98% of all movies that are put out by these companies already have the CC on them. They just don't want to pay for the rights to keep them on it. To cheap. There loss.
But down the road, they will get with it. Shout was a holdout. But no longer. VCI will hear the bell down the road. Just when?
You’ve rung this bell before, however I see no forward motion by you, contacting directly to VCI and getting their take on it.
Just saying that VCI doesn’t care, without speaking to them makes no sense and is not being reasonable.
You can’t get any answers if you don’t ask the questions. Your tirade, is more tantamount to screaming at furniture asking for answers.
Again, with all due respect, I say contact VCI and air your concerns. Does this not seem reasonable?

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
VCI does not care.
Here is the thing. If any of the movies have been on TV in the last 15 years. By law, they must have CC-Closed Caption on them. That means that about 98% of all movies that are put out by these companies already have the CC on them. They just don't want to pay for the rights to keep them on it. To cheap. There loss.
But down the road, they will get with it. Shout was a holdout. But no longer. VCI will hear the bell down the road. Just when?
Has a lot to do with what they are offered or can get access to

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Has a lot to do with what they are offered or can get access to
VCI has spent years upgrading their releases - they were a small label although a pioneer in the biz - SCROOGE 1951 was their big title and even that title VCI was at the mercy of the owners who gave VCI less than top material on until the last 15 years. They did great with the Rank releases and their serial releases are stunning since they got original negs etc. They continue to expand their catalog with the Pickford films etc --- they are very receptive to their customers email them see what they say! Checking their site and lots of their releases are subtitled.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Attachments

• santo-el-enmascarado-de-plata.jpg
    santo-el-enmascarado-de-plata.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
VCI does not care.
I say contact VCI and state your concerns, right?
There is one thing I do wonder. I have all kinds of DVDs from them. They all have CC are SDH on them. Why not on this DVD? They must think this will not be a good seller? And not want to spend the $$. On the CC/SDH.Just a thought!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
There is one thing I do wonder. I have all kinds of DVDs from them. They all have CC are SDH on them. Why not on this DVD? They must think this will not be a good seller? And not want to spend the $$. On the CC/SDH.Just a thought!
Go to the source, contact VCI and find out...just a thought?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Going to do so, this week.
Great Sega! Bob Blair, Don Blair and Rebecca are tops in always caring about their customers bet the give you an answer quickly! Have you check out their Serials give their great The Way Ahead release a try GREAT war pic as the Brits always made them a really good show! David Niven left Hollywood and joined up to fight for his homeland and while there he made a couple of great films

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
VCI has spent years upgrading their releases - they were a small label although a pioneer in the biz - SCROOGE 1951 was their big title and even that title VCI was at the mercy of the owners who gave VCI less than top material on until the last 15 years. They did great with the Rank releases and their serial releases are stunning since they got original negs etc. They continue to expand their catalog with the Pickford films etc --- they are very receptive to their customers email them see what they say! Checking their site and lots of their releases are subtitled.
Yes, they are getting better. It really all comes down to one big thing. MONEY! How much do they want to spend, put into the movie? CC/SDH is all done by computer now. More cost.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Yes, they are getting better. It really all comes down to one big thing. MONEY! How much do they want to spend, put into the movie? CC/SDH is all done by computer now. More cost. The other frustrating thing is they like other try to get studios to make deals but the studios I was told only want six figure deals

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Got my disc in this week. They are all widescreen and the K. Gordon Murray English versions. All 3 films look pretty good and are on a single disc. Sadly, missing the first film ("The Aztec Mummy") which must be owned by a different distributor than for the 3 included. I can live with these, but it would be nice to see the original Spanish versions.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Got my disc in this week. They are all widescreen and the K. Gordon Murray English versions. All 3 films look pretty good and are on a single disc. Sadly, missing the first film ("The Aztec Mummy") which must be owned by a different distributor than for the 3 included. I can live with these, but it would be nice to see the original Spanish versions.
Which are the ones I saw as a child as they played originally in Puerto Rico. Never even heard of the 4th film in this "trilogy".
I can't remember whether they played flat or WS. I obviously wasn't paying much attention to aspect ratios at that time. I just cared about monsters.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, I've seen these repeatedly for years. The first 3 are the best. WRESTLING WOMEN has it's charms, but it's too lengthy and really not related to the other 3. There is ample stock footage from the first film in #2, so it's kind of like seeing a "digest" version of #1.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Bob, do you know if VCIBob has ever gone into a partnership with intities like UCLA film archives, Library of Congress or even partenering up with Scorses's Film Foundation to afford the better film and sound elements for the titles they want to produce?
This does lessen the financial load and increases the ability before, during and after the project is produced. And ther's no shame in Kickstarter or other "Call to Arms" for these special projects?

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Bob, do you know if VCIBob has ever gone into a partnership with intities like UCLA film archives, Library of Congress or even partenering up with Scorses's Film Foundation to afford the better film and sound elements for the titles they want to produce?
This does lessen the load and increases the ability before, during and after the project is produced. And ther's no shame in Kickstarter or other "Call to Arms" for this special projects?
VCI worked with LOC on RAIN I think The Phantom Creeps to the LOC has the better fim but they need Sony to okay it

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
VCI worked with LOC on RAIN I think The Phantom Creeps to the LOC has the better fim but they need Sony to okay it
Going solo has it's risks in todays Botique Phisical media market. Although VCI has been a leader in this field for many decades, it would be prudent on their part to understand the changing conditions in that market.
Learn to see the positive options of bringing on suppotive entities as mentioned above, in order to gain access to the elements needed to optimise the titles PQ and offer their customers the best edition possible. As they saw with LOC and the recent Rain release...that you mentioned.

This accompishes two main things, it gives them credibility and builds thier reputation of quality and more imprtantly consistency. Both to their customers and the studios that will be vewing this as well. Giving better leverage with those studios down the road, possibly. And two is simple...Happy customers, happy RETURNING Customers.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Going solo has it's risks in todays Botique Phisical media market. Although VCI has been a leader in this field for many decades, it would be prudent on their part to understand the changing conditions in that market.
Learn to see the positive options of bringing on suppotive entities as mentioned above, in order to gain access to the elements needed to optimise the titles PQ and offer their customers the best edition possible. As they saw with LOC and the recent Rain release...that you mentioned.

This accompishes two main things, it gives them credibility and builds thier reputation of quality and more imprtantly consistency. Both to their customers and the studios that will be vewing this as well. Giving better leverage with those studios down the road, possibly. And two is simple...Happy customers, happy RETURNING Customers.
WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST AD!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST AD!
Agreed, but it can be a double edged sword!!! All it takes is a few inferior or so-so PQ titles, and that "word of mouth" can just as easily work against them. The quality and consistency of a company whether it's Kino or Criterion or Imprint or VCI...it's the inconsistancies that can kill...with each release, the company is putting their reputation and brand "on the line".
When I recived the Barrabbas BD, I knew the issues raised on that thread, but even Imprint put an appoligy statment in the front of the film...."we could only procuce from the elements given to us at the time". this is never a good sign!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks