USPS mail?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jassen M. West, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West Supporting Actor

with the recent mail "white powder problems" how much longer is it taking for mail to travel? does anyone know? are there any postal workers here?...i know there should be a joke follwing that but i'll hold back.

thanks

---jay

2. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    I guess in depends on what part of the country you live in and what post offices your mail goes through. In general, I haven't notice any real difference. I have a couple of magazines that seem to arrive a day or two later, but I other than that I haven't seen a delay.

Even with any delay we still have the best postal service in the world. I correspond with people in many countries and they tell me stories that amaze me. In Italy, for example it routinely takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to go from one side of a big city, say Rome, to another. In some countries, they have such a backlog of mail, they just burn it.

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Letters seem to take a normal amount of time. Packages - well, let's just say that Priority mail ain't what it used to be. And packages from foreign countries - about double. Except I got a package today, mailed from France, that took only 8 days. There's no consistency anymore.

4. Richard Huck

Richard Huck Agent

I work for the mighty Postal Service(ha)and things are getting more jacked everyday no wonder they are in the RED.They have changed all around operations in my shop and some people are getting there daily papers once a week!As they say same as it ever was. Later Rich[​IMG]

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I'm a Rural Carrier and if I get it today, it will be in your mailbox today. That's the best I can do.
    Jim
    Stamps are going up this summer so be sure to stock up on those 34 cent ones. [​IMG]