What's new

USPS mail? (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
with the recent mail "white powder problems" how much longer is it taking for mail to travel? does anyone know? are there any postal workers here?...i know there should be a joke follwing that but i'll hold back.

thanks

---jay

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I guess in depends on what part of the country you live in and what post offices your mail goes through. In general, I haven't notice any real difference. I have a couple of magazines that seem to arrive a day or two later, but I other than that I haven't seen a delay.

Even with any delay we still have the best postal service in the world. I correspond with people in many countries and they tell me stories that amaze me. In Italy, for example it routinely takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to go from one side of a big city, say Rome, to another. In some countries, they have such a backlog of mail, they just burn it.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Letters seem to take a normal amount of time. Packages - well, let's just say that Priority mail ain't what it used to be. And packages from foreign countries - about double. Except I got a package today, mailed from France, that took only 8 days. There's no consistency anymore.

Richard Huck

Agent
I work for the mighty Postal Service(ha)and things are getting more jacked everyday no wonder they are in the RED.They have changed all around operations in my shop and some people are getting there daily papers once a week!As they say same as it ever was. Later Rich;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I'm a Rural Carrier and if I get it today, it will be in your mailbox today. That's the best I can do.
Jim
Stamps are going up this summer so be sure to stock up on those 34 cent ones. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks