What's new

Using a DVD player in the interlaced mode, the Faroudja Processor will work? (1 Viewer)

Rivera

Auditioning
Hi,

My question is if a DVD player can use it's Faroudja processor when it is producing interlaced signals? For example, I have an Infocus 340B DLP projector that does not accept Progressive scan images. The DVD player I have is a non-progressive Panasonic DVDA-120 (about 4 years old). I like to improve the image, specialy the blacks on the image. I'm thinking in the Denon DVD-1600, it has the Faroudja Processor and I read it has a special video setting, called "Cinema" who betters the black color on screen. I

Please, anyone help in this one...

Richard!

Don Munsil

Stunt Coordinator
The Faroudja chip is only used for progressive video. The Cinema mode has nothing to do with the Faroudja chip, and does work with interlaced output, but I don't think it causes any gamma change (which would tend to make the blacks look blacker). I believe it just changes the frequency response, rolling off the high frequencies a bit more to get "smoother" looking video.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks