What's new

andySu

Senior HTF Member
An all new optical card had to be ordered as to why was my fuses blowing? With quick call around was able to chat with a UK cinema supplier that was helpful. "If fuses start blowing. Unplug all the cards and power the CP200 up again if the LED stay on for +15v -15 +24 then its okay" "next plug the cards back in, one by one. If fuses blows then that is the faulty card."

New cat108 optical card.
optical card.jpg

The one that was broken had a missing part in the centre of the part its the x4 round things in the wrapping.

Once new card was fitted the fuses stopped blowing as I was running out of quick blow fuses and had to order a new bundle of 1A 2A and 3A.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Testing the bulb on the old meter as the needles was all stiff and needed new ones. I tested some voltage from my duel DC power supply to see if the bulb... Yes there is light. Maybe a CP200 first since this, one hadn't seen any light maybe since mid 1980's as my CP200 is about a mid 80's model.

cat109 blub testing.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dolby CP200 has been powered off for several weeks since installing the new alterations to the Atmos Height channels and having to move the CP500 from one rack and placing it underneath the CP200.

New cable spool and some RCA with phoenix connectors be here next week, so I can rewire the CP200 back up on its inputs, as the outputs are already connected to the Sony DPF-D3000 on Preset 7 - AUX 2.

CP200.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Ad Astra nominated for sound effects/sound mixing is an awkward movie for me to watch from start to end. I like how Brad is VOG above but on my new Atmos Height set-up he appears on DOG 2 middle centre between LR Height 2. Not much Height channels usage in this movie.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Anamorphic lens from the Russians did it. cheap a few scruffs on it can be dismantled for cleaning. I figure I can make an adapter to line it up with 4k projector lens it may just work at miles fraction cost of these home cinema lens of the same thing only extremely expensive. Or I just remove the optic lens that will still do the same thing.

Lens1.jpg

Lens2.jpg

Lens3.jpg

Lens4.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
A THX cinema that inspired me to get JBL professional and THX 3417 crossover monitor. The grand ole Empire Leicester Square, May 9th 2013, last ever visit. :(

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Nice hearing the Star Trek movie themes playing at end of Star Trek into Deafness! As it was deafeningly Loud! To bad my camera at time fuji finpix didn't have stereo recorded like the later one I had otherwise I still get a flashback hearing those Star Trek movie themes in this one of the best THX cinemas in the world.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
John Wick is wick-ed action not quite from the start chapter 1, but once its in gear it keeps on driving till the end. Seen them all now. I not seen chapter 1 before and liked it. Not often I like a UHD 4K. The Dolby Atmos mix is what it is and was engaging all 26 channels. Chapter 2 be arriving week or so.

John wick.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
4 way phoenix connector to attach to the back panel of the Dolby SA10 Ls Rs inputs or basically its Lt Rt.

4 way.jpg

CyFactor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince Turner
Star Trek: Into Deafness. :lol: As I was looking at your setup, all I could think of wasn't THX, but "THUD, The Audience is Now Deaf". :D

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Wired in the extra JBL control 1 at Height 1 extra of the Dolby AtmosPlusIIIx.

In stereo

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking of expanding the Height 1 2 and 3 channels to possibly
Height 1, five on the ceiling from left to left-ex middle right-ex right
Height 2, five on the ceiling from left to left-ex middle right-ex right
Height 3, five on the ceiling from left to left-ex middle right-ex right

Now that I know what to listen for with these Height channels from the bed channels. More channels more speakers more hundreds of more watts.

In stereo

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Third great week of playing Terminator Dark Fate, 4k Dolby Vision / Dolby AtmosPlusIIIx 26channels / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL x132 speakers - 21kw

In stereo

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Arrived this morning. More JBL! JBL 8330A THX. 132 now 144 JBL THX cinema this is going to take the SPL and kilowatts up a few extra.
Visually inspecting them for any problems. Testing with multi-metre. More testing during the day to follow.
Tested with frequency sweep all check out super fine.

Another x4 will be here around early next week. I think that be x156 JBL. :P

JBLbox3.jpg

JBLbox4.jpg

JBLbox5.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Um, what ever helps. Um, when ever it helps people I'm happy to share it. Um, what I want talk about is the Dolby EX-DU4, and what I think its about in the movies.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Another x4 JBL 8330A THX for the ceiling overhead surrounds, with just one more be here around mid next month. The x8 JBL 8330 will be fitted to the ceiling next week.

JBL2.jpg

JBL1.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
MIDWAY (2019) Now showing in Dolby AtmosPlusIIIx five screen 26 channels / x156 JBL / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System 21kw. < wow that's almost longer than the film title.

88177369_10157898995680149_7124720517742854144_o.jpg

Use of the height channels 1, 2 and 3 all though the running time. The extra channels filed in nicely above around below behind and up front across the five screen channels with airplane vs battleships. A few dialogue pans to left or right now and then with some inner-left inner-right ones as well.

Fader level was -5.0db the levels on the mix hardly peaked at OVER on the SDDS level meters. May suggest a near field mix. Still it had lows and satisfactory loudness.

A glitch happened with Panasonic 9000 THX, during around 38 mins to 40mins with the film sort of pursing freeze frame, but no pixels just froze with the sound still playing for about 1.5 sec then sort or not played on, unless I advanced the seconds forward by +10sec then the film resumed.

I cleaned the disc and tried it again and same freezing in same time area. Okay switch to back-up 4k player.

Switched on Panasonic 900 THX, and film played fine. Could it be sensitivity of the 9000 laser or processor or firmware? Both players have latest firmware so maybe some sort of sensitivity with 9000 and the disc pressing. Its okay when one has a back-up player. If neither played I doubt the region A bluray would since no player here has region A, playback capability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks