What's new

USER DEFAULT on Rotel RSP1066 (1 Viewer)

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel,

You are right. I tried it again tonight and lost all my settings. It sounds like a bug to me.

Andrew,

Any news from Rotel? It looks like V1.43 still has the bug.

John

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
No word yet from Rotel but the guy I usually contact is heading off to the factory so he might come back with some news?

Harl

Auditioning
Guys,
I just re-calibrated speaker levels and wanted to save all preffs to "user default". First time doing so since upgrading to 1.42.

The first time I tried to save settings, then changed a few settings and went back to "user default" and hit "yes" to try it, the unit powered off and then when i turned it on, I lost all my settings.

I then went through re-setting all again (input labels, etc.) and again followed the SAME procedure to save user default settings and the second try it worked fine.

I did find that you can make your settings and they will stay the way you set them always. The only reason you would need to go to "user default>YES>ENTER" is if someone happened to change the settings originally set up. When you do select restore user default, the unit does power off then on again.

I found as you did, that if you hit factory default "YES" it wipes out all custom settings.

As a note: After setting my user default settings, I powered the unit off w, the remote. Then on again and checked for my settings and they remained ok. This is not the power off that occurs automatically when I select User Default>YES.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
Harl, everyone: I've tried saving my settings about a dozen times, and it has worked maybe two times. The first time it seemed to work I did this:
1. Changed a few settings and saved them
2. Powered off using remote
3. Turned off the main power using the button on the front panel
4. Powered on
5. Changed a few minor settings
6. Tried restoring my previously saved settings - and it worked (for the first time)!
Wooohoo I thought, it seems to work better if you turn the main power off after saving settings!? So, I redid all my labels and speaker settings for the "last" time and saved it all. Powered off, then on again. Changed a setting. Restored. Factory default again ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :angry:
I then tried to make it work again and got it to work one more time, but it has NEVER worked when I have saved all my personal settings, which leads me to believe that it works for very small custom settings (eg only change speaker sizes) but not for the whole package.
Does anyone have firmware 1.37? I'm thinking of downgrading to see if it helps ... :frowning:
EDIT: Just to clarify, I do NOT choose to restore FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but after choosing USER DEFAULT -> YES -> ENTER the RSP1066 is restarted with all my settings lost, ie "factory default". The settings I've saved using USER DEFAULT SET -> YES -> ENTER are not restored.

Daniel Lindgren

Stunt Coordinator
Update: Mike Sheehan (Equity Audio) sent me a new firmware yesterday. After upgrading all my problems with USER DEFAULT seems to have gone away. :D
Don't know the version of the firmware, but the file is different from V1.43.
Thanks to Mike and everyone else that have helped me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks