What's new

UNIVERSAL - Please consider an Uncut Collectors Edition of Conan the Destroyer (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Uhh, I knew that was David's post before I even read the name :)
Of course, David has a point ...and personally (having the Original Conan Soundtrack which IS in Stereo) I have never understood why Universal has never gone back and at least layed down the stereo music tracks over the monorial ones in the movie, and attempted to steer some of the monorial sound FX into a crude stereo soundstage. That needs to happen as well. But, Hey ...this is a Conan The Destroyer support thread, and I think that getting the entire uncut CTD in special edition format is a bit more interesting at the moment.
Hey Universal, why don't you start by doing CTD with at least stereo music, and then "go back and re-release" (I know that is your favorite phrase) the original Conan with stereo music and sound.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard that they couldn't find the music or had some legal problem with getting the stero. I don't remember.. If conan is only in mono.. I am okay with that..I am more concern about the uncut and other extra features.
JACOB
------------------

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Maybe now that people can see the box art on DVD File they will give more support to this thread.
Universal: We Want Conan The Destroyer Special Edition! :)
(keep that R2 box art as well)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have a petition on my site that features another poster for Conan The Destroyer. I think it was the teaser. Either poster would work for me.
you should also write to dvdfile.. if they get alot of response about the region 2 version.. they can pass the info to Universal.
JACOB
------------------
The #1 Unoffcial Site Of Sarah Douglas
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
Please vote for the uncut version of Conan The Destroyer on dvd
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002724.html

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
The R2 release looks kewl! However, it sounds like it will be the PG version perhaps (too soon to tell). Problem arises that if Universal does decide to do a SE (at the moment they say they're not) then I highly doubt they'd license the MGM doc (who's releasing the R2 version).
Lucky I have a region free player
wink.gif
Cheers.
------------------
Dear MGM : Quality over quantity & Consistency!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
probably true.. Universal owns all of the extra material.. its a good start. the region 2 dvd probably won;t be out until early next year. I am just guessing.. they are still working on the documentary.. Basil did the interview last month.
JACOB
------------------

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Here are the links to the Sarah Douglas interview in Starlog where she talks about the cut scenes. I also posted the link for the petition for the conan dvd.. I did this a while back..
JACOB
http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdo...interview.html http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdo.../conandvd.html
------------------

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I wrote this on my site: www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglasp2/conan2.html
In 1982, Arnold Schwarzenegger played the title of Conan in Conan The Barbarian. It was based on Marvel comics of the Barbarian, Conan. The movie was a huge hit for many fans. It was also very violence and had a lot of sex. It was given an "R" Rating, and was very successful with an "R" Rating.
In 1984, Arnold returned as Conan in Conan The Destroyer. The studio wanted to release a gentler Conan and made the film rated PG. It backfired, and none of the fans were happy with the cuts including myself. Even Arnold has stated that it was a mistake. Arnold would later have major success with the first Terminator movie. After that film, he never had to do another Conan film.
Sarah Douglas has always been my favorite actress since Superman 2. She was just amazing as the Evil but beautiful Ursa who hated men and wanted to destroy the world. She certainly made life difficult for Superman. Of course Sarah had a great breakthrough performance for her role as Ursa. She would later become famous for playing villains. She has done a great job doing that.
While she was filming Conan The Destroyer, she would fly from Mexico to Burbank, Ca to film the nighttime soap opera Falcon Crest. She would fly back and fourth between the two jobs. She was certainly busy during those days.
There are two items that she mentioned to me. First was that character was never kidnapped so she could do the Conan Movie. She would travel back and fourth. The Falcon Crest producers gave her special permission to do both. Second: She never did a nude scene with Arnold. She was able to keep her clothes on during the love scene. This is what Sarah told me about scenes from Conan. " Don't know where anyone got the idea that I did nude work!! Far from it...I am way to British and conservertive!! I was fully clad in Conan and even had my crown on during love scene with Arnold!!" Regardless of this news. I am still intersted in the uncut version.
Sarah also express her thoughts in Starlog 1986 about her favorite scenes that were left on the cutting room floor. She had a love scene with Arnold and seduces a statue.
I knew about the cut scenes when the movie was released. I read about in magazines. I even read the offical novelization for the film. Even the comic book has some cut scenes.
I have had alot of major success with this Unoffical Site on Sarah Douglas. I have met so many people, both fans, and friends, and even family. They all like this site very much. They learn more about Sarah from this site then anywhere else. I even had Sarah respond to a few questions here and there. When I started this site, I wanted to know about a couple of items. I wanted to know what happened to Jack O'Halloran. He was MIA since 1994. I certainly found out what happened to him. He is a great guy and I have helped him connect with both Terence and Sarah. I also got to see a very rare movie that Sarah did back in 1977. Her first leading role called The Brute. Its one of her best roles. I am glad that I got to see it.
Those items were easy compared to getting the uncut Conan The Destroyer released on dvd. I have been petitioning at the home theater for the uncut version of Conan. I have had many people sign up for it. I want to thank everyone who has posted and saying that they want the uncut version. I also got great news that there is going to be a region 2 SE release of Conan The Destroyer on dvd. A special thanks to www.dvdfile.com Which I hope with this petition, and the future release of Conan region 2.. that anything is possible. This internet is a powerful tool. getting the uncut version of Conan is possible. We just need to show Universal that there is an audience for the film. You might be an Arnold fan, A conan fan, A sarah fan, or just a fan of fantasy films. I ask you come and join us as we petition for the uncut version of Conan. We need aleast 100 votes or so.
JACOB
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I'd buy one. Conan rules, and the special edition of the first one was very impressive. Count me in, but only if it's uncut.

Jafri

Auditioning
If Universal put out the director's cut of 'conan the destroyer', that'd be great. Because there alot of Schwarzenegger and Conan fans who would love to see the R rated version of the movie. Make it happen

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Dollars in the black from me if this title is released in CE form. Would need, for a CE/SE:
OAR
Solid sound
Uncut/Director's Cut print
Trailer
Extras (commentary, interview, featurettes, etc...)
------------------
-----
:D
Dave's World
-No matter where you go, there you are-

Robert Graff

Auditioning
I would also like to put in my bid for a new Collector's Edition DVD of Conan the Destroyer. As I'm sure you know, there is a large fan base out there for Conan which led to collector's edition of Conan the Barbarian. Personally, I know that I, as well as many other fans, would be clamoring for such treatment given to the sequel. Especially if the film is presented in its original uncut R-rated form. I hope you will consider this. Just please realize that the time and effort you put into such a disc will only be rewarded by high sales.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
If you want to know more about the cut scenes from Conan The Destroyer, I would check ebay or local comic books shops for the comic book adaptation. They have a couple of scenes in the comic not in the movie. They give more details about Jenna's parents being murdered by Queen Taramis. They also show Tarmais seducing the statue. You can also read the offical novelization of Conan The Destroyer. The book has alot of stuff not in the movie. There are two versions. One with a regular Conan cover and also one with Arnold on the cover. The book is written by Robert Jordon.
JACOB
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks