What's new

UNIVERSAL - Please consider an Uncut Collectors Edition of Conan the Destroyer (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I know I'm a minority, but Conan the Destroyer has always been my favorite Conan film. I think it has something to do with me watching it endlessly when I was just a wee lad.
So now, I would love to see an uncut version of this movie. I already have the existing DVD, but would be more than willing to purchase this title again.
I don't know about others, but I'd be happy with just a standard edition as long as it included the longer cut (if possible), Anamorphic widescreen, and a decent soundtrack. Other extras would be very nice.
So, come on Universal. if there looks like a decent demand for the title, see what you can do about getting it released. After all, re-releasing DVDs is your specialty.
wink.gif

------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I'm a longtime Conan fan. I upgraded my Conan The Barbarian dvd and would gladly update my Conan The Destroyer dvd if it were the uncut version, hopefully with improved video and audio.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with what's been said in the other replies. I'd love to add this movie to my collection, but I would hold off until a restored, R-rated version is published. So, come on, Universal, give the fans what they want!

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I feel the same way as everyone here does. Add my name to the buying list, BUT ONLY if it's a full blown CE with an uncut version.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
New anamorphic transfer, and CE treatment would make this disc a must buy. A great job was doneon Conan, and this film is just as desrving of similar treatment.
J

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Come one, Universal. You can put this on the 2002 slate and make a bunch of happy campers!! Just port over the R2 and we'll be laying down the cash : )
Matt Wallace
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

chris w-c

Agent
Yes, this WOULD be a VERY GOOD IDEA for Conan fans. The studio could only make money from this, not lose it. With all the news of a new Conan film being made sometime in the future it's about time someone gave this film the royal treatment and release in in anamorphic widescreen with R-Rated cut.
That's Crom! Strong in his mountain...
-Me

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see a uncut Special Edition of Conan the Destroyer...i know i'd be buying it!
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection
[Edited last by SteveBjr on September 07, 2001 at 12:25 PM]

chris w-c

Agent
GOOD TO SEE MORE NOISE BEING MADE ABOUT THIS! All fans of real classic Sci-Fi and Fantasy must get together and make tons of noise regarding this and other great movies in the genre.
'Thieves should be hanged.'
-Bombata

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I agree. We are already half way there.. with more then 50 posts.. Hopefully Universal sees this post about the uncut Conan The Destroyer and decide to make one. I hope that Arnold can do a commentary track on this title.
JACOB
------------------
The #1 Unoffcial Site Of Sarah Douglas
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
Please vote for the uncut version of Conan The Destroyer on dvd
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002724.html
[Edited last by jacob on September 07, 2001 at 02:01 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks