What's new

Universal:JP3 and 4th disc-classy move! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just read the release on dvdfile about the fourth disc in the Jurassic Park Trilogy box set, and how it would be available with the slipcase for those of us who already bought JP and LW. A very classy move-thank you for not alienating those of us who have already bought the discs.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
While I'm not really a fan of the JP films, because you did this I will make it a point to purchase a Universal DVD in the near future. I hope this practice continues in the future!
Jeff Kleist

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree that this was well-done on Universal's part. Excellent.
I only wonder what proofs-of-purchase will be required to fulfill the offer. I don't intend to cut up either the artwork inserts or the chapter stop inserts on any one of the three. I'll gladly send photocopies of the receipts for all three purchases...believe it or not, I keep them!
Also, whatever Universal will need to fulfill the offer for the 4th disc, will it interfere with the proofs required to fulfill the "Buy JP3, and get a free DVD" offer? I hope not, because there are a couple of titles listed I would not mind having. Assuming, again, that no mutilation of an item in my library is required.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Don't you just hate it when they make you cut up a DVD's packaging in order to qualify for the promotions?
Am I the only one here who would rather let the promotion slip than to cut out the Proof-of-purchase tabs?
Can't they just ask for the sales slip? Can't they include a coupon inside the DVD box that can be used?
Marc.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Marc in that I don't like to cut my package, but I think it's great to offer prior buyers the chance to get the fourth disc without buying the new set.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
A big thumbs up from me. I was iffy on purchasing JP3, but this certainly seals it for me. Count me in as a satisfied customer.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I held off purchasing the two pack because I knew the trilogy boxset would come.
But either way, WELL DONE UNIVERSAL. It is great when studios show care for their customers and listen to their wants and views.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
Thank you WILL K for the banner

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
This really is very very cool. I don't know of any other studio that has done this!
Just a random thought...what are we going to do when Jurassic Park 4 comes along? You know it's inevitable.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thankyou. I will be purchasing the 4th disk and slipcase to add to my dts JP and dts LW as well as JP3 which I also plan on purchasing.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks