What's new

Pre-Order Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I agree that this will the same as the DVD version. I paid around $80-90 for that set. Not sure who far this will go down. I don't know if I will upgrade just yet, if at all.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow, Gary, that is tempting.

I may pull the plug.

My main issue is the botched 3D job on CREATURE. And, really, that is the only main reason for buying this set.

I have to think about this. Either I will buy this set or wait for Universal to do a standalone BD release of CREATURE.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

I may pull the plug.

My main issue is the botched 3D job on CREATURE. And, really, that is the only main reason for buying this set.

I have to think about this. Either I will buy this set or wait for Universal to do a standalone BD release of CREATURE.
I don’t believe the 3D Creature is fixed in any release.

Real Name
Christopher Russo

I may pull the plug.

The 3D versions of the first two Creature films are in the Creature Legacy set which is available separately. You don’t need this box set specifically for that release however I would hold off onto updates on whether Universal intends to correct the 3D AND 2D versions of Revenge of the Creature.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The 3D versions of the first two Creature films are in the Creature Legacy set which is available separately. You don’t need this box set specifically for that release however I would hold off onto updates on whether Universal intends to correct the 3D AND 2D versions of Revenge of the Creature.
I wasn’t aware Revenge needed fixing?

Never mind.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Wait a sec...

Is REVENGE available separately? I thought the only way to obtain it was to buy the Creature set or the complete set

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wait a sec...

Is REVENGE available separately? I thought the only way to obtain it was to buy the Creature set or the complete set
That's correct. Currently Revenge is only available in the big box set or the Creature Legacy set.

When Chris said "separately," I think he meant the Creature discs are available separately from the big box in their own Legacy collection.

Real Name
Christopher Russo
Gotcha! I am going to wait until the 3D disc is available as a single, or the price of the entire set comes down substantially.

Just keep in mind though in the Legacy set Revenge and Walks are on the same disc so they may not get a separate release down the line. The first Creature film however is available as a separate BD. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is very confusing. Does the 3D version of Creature released as a single disc in September 2014 have problems that were never corrected and is this the same disc that is on the legacy sets? If so, why would Universal decide to fix it now if they haven't in 4 years. Or is it just the new Revenge that has the problem?

https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Lagoon-Blu-ray-Richard-Carlson/dp/B00L8QP0EQ
I believe Bob F. has stated that the the problems with the first Creature 3D were not fixed. That was an issue with the film itself. The problem with Revenge is with the authoring of the disc. There is no relation between the two.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is very confusing. Does the 3D version of Creature released as a single disc in September 2014 have problems that were never corrected and is this the same disc that is on the legacy sets? If so, why would Universal decide to fix it now if they haven't in 4 years. Or is it just the new Revenge that has the problem?

https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Lagoon-Blu-ray-Richard-Carlson/dp/B00L8QP0EQ
Only Revenge has issues with the blu-ray encoding. The original Creature disc is awesome, which makes these Revenge issues even more perplexing.

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
To my fellow Canucks, this is on sale for $94.99 CDN on Amazon right now, Eh! Now we have more money for beers.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Only Revenge has issues with the blu-ray encoding. The original Creature disc is awesome, which makes these Revenge issues even more perplexing.
The 3D on TCFTBL is good, but not as good as it could be. Bob wrote about it on his site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks